Thread: 8L45/90 trans parameters documentation

Tuner in Training

8L45/90 trans parameters documentation

Hi, everyone

I have a 2016 V6 Camaro RS with an A8 and non-locked TCM module. I'm currently gathering info and trying different adjustments to shift timing, pressures and other parameters. I'm a bit new to the whole trans tuning, but thanks to the fine gentlemen at Weber University and SIU Automotive I have a somewhat clear understanding of what's going on inside the transmission during it's work cycle. But I can't find what some parameters in VCM Editor mean, for example - Power and Coast in trans parameters. Is there an HPT WIKI of some kind or at least a detailed description of every table and option? And info would help

Thank you

Tuner in Training
    I have found info here on the 8L90 is limited. I am new here also and I wanted to just change the part throttle shift table. There were many offers from others here to do it, for a cost, but few to offer help. I struggled through and got what I wanted but, it was painful. What I found was that my "connect and cruise pkg" did not use the normal table. There is a pattern A and B with a hot transmission table, which it was one of those. Good luck.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland_Price View Post
    Hi, everyone

I have a 2016 V6 Camaro RS with an A8 and non-locked TCM module. I'm currently gathering info and trying different adjustments to shift timing, pressures and other parameters. I'm a bit new to the whole trans tuning, but thanks to the fine gentlemen at Weber University and SIU Automotive I have a somewhat clear understanding of what's going on inside the transmission during it's work cycle. But I can't find what some parameters in VCM Editor mean, for example - Power and Coast in trans parameters. Is there an HPT WIKI of some kind or at least a detailed description of every table and option? And info would help

Thank you
    Typically not much centralized info beyond what the description is on the HPT table. Then it's spending a lot of time digging in the forums on here to see if any one knows and has shared that info.

A lot of the time if you can't find info on here, then you can probably do about anything you need with other tables. Just because it's there doesn't mean you need to change it.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I'll be digging on then

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I've currently digging through the forums