Thread: RPM surge at low speed

RPM surge at low speed

Hey guys,

I have L83/A8. If I am drving through a neighborhood slowly (say 20mph, TC is unlocked in 1-6), I see that my DCFO kicks on as you would expect. However, the rpms drop like the truck is going into idle mode and the DFCO turns off. This causes a huge rpm surge when fueling comes back on and the truck goes back to normal ingear 20mph rpm. The cycle continues to repeat itself.

Question is, why is it trying to drop to idle while in gear? How can I keep it in gear and not drop to idle with little to no throttle cruising in a neighborhood?

I think I can fix the surging by raising the enable TCC unlock and disable TCC unlock (ECM 2317,2318) to like 1500 - 1600.

TIA

Tuning Addict
    Dfco, vve and torque model will be your solution. Do the vve then Dfco then torque model in that order.

Do what exactly? Tune is within 3% on both vve and maf. Dfco shouldnt have to be messed with. I guess i dont understand what your suggestion to change is

Tuning Addict
    Guess I should have asked the mods. I assumed cammed. Normal to have to adjust dfco speed settings for cams depending on the cam and where the individual lives. Keep in mind if the VVE wasn't dialed in for cam movement it won't be right.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC