Thread: Would HPTuners allow me to do what I want?

Potential Tuner

Would HPTuners allow me to do what I want?

I have a 2016 Challenger SXT.

1) The throttle delay/lag seriously irritates me, and I want to reduce it.

2) My transmission has a fault and is a bit rough downshifting from 3-2, but only if I leave it in full auto and let it downshift at 6mph. If I select 2nd at 15mph, it's smooth. Can I use HPTuners to change the 2-3-2 shift points, without changing every other shift point too?

And I see that for the upgrade service, I have to include an HPT file if I'll be using a donor PCM. How do I get that? Do I buy the tool first and then scan to obtain the HPT file?

Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by elseif View Post
    2) My transmission has a fault and is a bit rough downshifting from 3-2, but only if I leave it in full auto and let it downshift at 6mph. If I select 2nd at 15mph, it's smooth. Can I use HPTuners to change the 2-3-2 shift points, without changing every other shift point too?

And I see that for the upgrade service, I have to include an HPT file if I'll be using a donor PCM. How do I get that? Do I buy the tool first and then scan to obtain the HPT file?
    Yes.

You read your stock ecm using your MPVI device so that we can essentially clone your stock ecm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your help!

And does the "yes" apply to my first concern, would I be able to reduce the throttle delay too?

I realized after I posted that I didn't clearly state it as a question.

Also I saw that the PCM seller asks for my mileage. What if I drive my car between now and when I receive the PCM, will I be able to enter the correct mileage into the PCM via HPTuners to avoid throwing an error / etc.?
    Last edited by elseif; 07-15-2023 at 10:02 AM.

Tuner in Training DobermanRacing's Avatar
    I only have experience with GM Gen 5 tuning but it will allow you to change the throttle commanded vs actual response so if you're vehicle is dbw I don't see why you wouldn't be able to adjust it.

For the mileage you can not change it through hp tuners. Again not familiar with your vehicle but some store the mileage display in the cluster itself in which case you'll be fine. If it's in the pcm your mileage will be off.

You may be able to pay a dealer to flash the correct mileage but your mileage may vary (pun intended) with that.