Thread: Jeep Jk 08 manual gear tire change adjust

Potential Tuner

Jeep Jk 08 manual gear tire change adjust

Noob here. Sorry in advance. I just wanted to correct speedometer. I went into scanner and adjusted for 4.88 gear and 34 inch tire and it says I must do a trans INIT of some sort. Where/how do I do that?
    Last edited by grocerygetter; 07-15-2023 at 09:39 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
    Noob here. Sorry in advance. I just wanted to correct speedometer. I went into scanner and adjusted for 4.88 gear and 34 inch tire and it says I must do a trans INIT of some sort. Where/how do I do that?
    EGS5X INIT needed...I can't find that button nor tab anywhere. without that done, speedo doesn't work and i get codes related...obviously, right? lol. anyway, put it back to stock settings and it's fine. I'd still like to change it if I can get some help here.

Potential Tuner
    Update?Resolved myself ?sharing due to lack of information on this topic. I?ve now done gear and tire changes on two JKs. Connect, Edit in scanner as usual, reset adaptives, disconnect, let everything fully power down?instrument cluster turns OFF, they it?s all good to go. I just wasn?t letting it fully power down. Neither had that trans listed so neither needed the INIT.