Thread: LQ9 VE Tuning , tune ang log attached

Potential Tuner

LQ9 VE Tuning , tune ang log attached

Engine is a gen 3 LQ9, 212/218 stage 2 tsp low lift, dorman ls2 intake, flex fuel injectors. I am just starting to get my VE table tuned. I think I have everything setup correctly for speed density and I am copying over my afr/ve error and paste special %half after a drive and log.

What I have noticed is that if i do a drive where most cells i hit are rich, then i adjust tune, next drive those cells seem to be gone lean even though i copy paste special %half, i expected it to slowly get close to 0? Would I be doing that right?

Car seems to idle ok, no stalls, I do think when i rev the return to idle is slow, expected that to be snappy. And there seems to be a slight hesitation when i get on it from idle/low rpm but that may be because i need more tuning.

Wondering if anyone would like to look at my tune see there are any glaring problems. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    One thing I see is the imbalance of bank1 vs bank2 in o2 mv. This is slight but it could mean we have an exhaust leak. This would explain the tail chasing to a degree. I, at this point, would reenable closed loop with the short term trims only and go for an extended drive. Compare the wide band error to short term trims. They should read almost exactly the same. If they do not, then there is the problem. Anything within 5% should be considered very close. Log and adjust your idle follower and cracker for the reason for idle hang after a rev. Also check for vacuum leaks. If your planning to switch over to maf later then this is where my advice would end. If you plan to stay SD then there are still a few items to address. Cheers.