Thread: 2006 auto to manual swap help

Tuner in Training

2006 auto to manual swap help

Hello all
    I?m seeking help with a 2006 auto trans Mustang GT conversion to a manual trans configuration. I am admittedly completely green on any Ford calibration aspects as I have been strictly GM for so many years. I believe, and let?s assume the mechanical / wiring side of things has been taken care of by my friend who own the car. I have compared his auto cal to a stock manual cal and changed trans parameters to meet the manual configuration but may have missed something. The car will start, idle and drive but seems to limit itself at 4000rpm no matter the speed (from the feedback I was told) I believe the speedo is not working at this time and may be related to the limiting factor.
    Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance
    attached file is what is in vehicle now
    06 mustang 5222 stock readout manl trans cal.hpt
    Last edited by rico996tt; 07-18-2023 at 06:34 AM.

Tuner in Training
    still having issues, a lot of the partial solutions/threads I have seen seem to be dead ended so any help is most appreciated
    looks like a lot of views though

Quote Originally Posted by rico996tt View Post
    Hello all
    I?m seeking help with a 2006 auto trans Mustang GT conversion to a manual trans configuration. I am admittedly completely green on any Ford calibration aspects as I have been strictly GM for so many years. I believe, and let?s assume the mechanical / wiring side of things has been taken care of by my friend who own the car. I have compared his auto cal to a stock manual cal and changed trans parameters to meet the manual configuration but may have missed something. The car will start, idle and drive but seems to limit itself at 4000rpm no matter the speed (from the feedback I was told) I believe the speedo is not working at this time and may be related to the limiting factor.
    Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance
    attached file is what is in vehicle now
    06 mustang 5222 stock readout manl trans cal.hpt
    reviewing...

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for that quickxstep
    I should be able to get back in front of the vehicle in the next few days to try changes. Do you think the PI throttle controls portion and the trans anticipated shifts are more the culprit over limiters? etc