Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tcc slip ac on vs ac off

tcc slip ac on vs ac off

is there any way to command 0 rpm slip with the a/c on, instead of 4.5 rpm. 2015 chevy 15 5.3/6l80.

with ac off my truck commands zero rpm slip and acts perfect lockup wise and all (pretty much on and off, nice solid lockup no flare). with ac on and commanding 4.5 rpm slip it wants to surge on light throttle lockup, and if i slightly decelerate slip spikes up but immediately comes back down. i will attach a log.

i have everything tcc slip related set to 0, and tcc adapt disabled.

tcc question rpm slip.hpl

The more aggressive I get with the apply ramp the worse it acts. I read one post that said to completely zero out the apply ramp table, haven’t tried it yet.

Senior Tuner
    I'm not sure if these will work but here are some things to try 1 at a time. If no improvement, revert the change back and try the next one.
    1) disable tcc adapts
    2) 0 out all the negative side of the apply ramp table
    3) Shift the entire desired pressure table 5 columns left

Hjtrbo, I have adapts disabled. I will Give the others a try and see what happens first chance I get and see what results I get there. Thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by TZTuning View Post
    is there any way to command 0 rpm slip with the a/c on, instead of 4.5 rpm. 2015 chevy 15 5.3/6l80.

with ac off my truck commands zero rpm slip and acts perfect lockup wise and all (pretty much on and off, nice solid lockup no flare). with ac on and commanding 4.5 rpm slip it wants to surge on light throttle lockup, and if i slightly decelerate slip spikes up but immediately comes back down. i will attach a log.

i have everything tcc slip related set to 0, and tcc adapt disabled.

tcc question rpm slip.hpl

Did you set table [TCM] 5630 to 0 rpm?

Additionally, what do you mean by being more aggressive with the TCC apply ramp? LOWERING the numbers is actually locking the TCC more aggressively.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Did you set table [TCM] 5630 to 0 rpm?

Additionally, what do you mean by being more aggressive with the TCC apply ramp? LOWERING the numbers is actually locking the TCC more aggressively.

That helps, I thought raising the Tcc apply ramp table numbers would be more aggressive instead of lowering them.

Every Tcc slip table is set to zero rpm. Tcc adapts are disabled.

Senior Tuner
    It's both ways. Low numbers will slowly ramp up the pressure - maybe giving you more, before it then locks up. High numbers apply the pressure quickly which gives you that feeling of oscillation.

tcc tune.hpl

lowering the numbers and creating a new ramp a little adjustment at a time and now shes fast and solid on lockup, at any throttle or load.

I appreciate the help. the logic of that ramp makes it seem like raising the numbers makes it more aggressive. In my case lowering them got that solid feeling i wanted, and keeps the pressure in to hold it, and fast lockup also. Now the tcc feels like another gear when it locks up.

log of what i have tuned in now attached.

Senior Tuner
    That looks reaaly nice. Would be good if you could share the before and after tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    That looks reaaly nice. Would be good if you could share the before and after tunes.
    I’ll post them this afternoon when I’m back at my laptop. It sure feels nice and firm locking up now.

tcc testing.hpt before

tcc cell.hpt after

Senior Tuner
    Thanks mate. A job well done.

ok guys I am gonna put my 2 cents in since I have been tuning gen 4 and 5 gm trucks for awhile. I do side work tuning for a transmission shop when they have a customer come in with a 6l80. I personally have a 2017 Silverado 5.3 6l80. I bought it with 36k miles and changed my transmission fluid and filter at 40k. I noticed the GM JBX TC was throwing material into my transmission pan and filter. I also had the shudder aka fishbite when cruising in 5th or 6th. I replaced my oem TC at 43k with a Circle D twin disk that advertised no tuning required which is total BS. After the install I left the oem lock up tune installed and it wasn't long I started to notice the shudder in 5th and 6th with it trying to lock up at cruise in 5th and 6th. After about a 100 flashes of different configurations trying to make the TCC stay locked, I still had issues when the AC was on 4.5 commanded slip issue and off the driveablity was horrible. I finally just said the hell with this and my final trans tune was everything stock except I put 20 rpms slip in all the tables from 2nd thru 6th. I did this at about 48k miles. I now have 90k miles and I recently replaced my trans fluid and filter and everything looked clean. Now mind you I did the trans cooler thermostat delete at the same time as TC install, flipped the pill, to keep the trans fluid flowing all the time to keep the temps down and never have an issue even when towing. My TCC slips 20 rpm all the time from 2nd thru 6th, even in tow haul mode. I truly think that if you can get a good stock billet TC, delete the trans thermostat, put in at least 20 rpm slip in all the tables, even on the AC where it is usually 3, meaning never try to have 0 slip or less than 20 anywhere, nothing below 20 rpm slip! The constant grabbing and pulsing of trying to lock these converters with 0 slip is what causes the shudder and destruction along with the oem trans thermostat keeping the trans too hot all the time. Now mind you if you have a triple disk TC then by all means lock it up but I personally will not touch these because on the street they will not live long unless you can keep them locked which makes the driveability horrible for a daily driver.

Tuner in Training
    soo depends on converter manufacturer …you can zero tables add regulator gain and adjust apply ramp and get an almost zero slip converter and no shutter but you also need to be mindful of what is in the valve body for a tcc valve ..sonnax seems to work best for my builds and tuning the other thing is pump pressure availability …if the pressure reg or pump pocket is worn you are fighting a losing battle until you repair the mechanical side

i set mine up with mild pressure increases, zero'd out some of the tcc apply ramp close to and including the 0 rpm column, and after i got the engine dialed in, no more fishbite. i was not having shudder, i know the diffference. now i have firm lockup and no slip.

I have zero out all columns in apply ramp and also desired slip i zero it out and it been no slip in my bank idash and the transmission response is excllent, my question if zero out all apply ramp will make a problem in the future

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TZTuning View Post
    Was this question ever answered? I see desired slip tables for AC OFF and DoD Enabled but nothing for "AC ON". Am I missing something here or are these tables just nonexistent in HPT? What is controlling desired slip with the AC ON?

Senior Tuner
    Yes it was.

Tuner in Training
    Yes it was.
    I know this is a A6/T43 topic, but was hoping to find similarties with the A8/T87(a). TCM 5630 does not exsit in v5.0.4 for the A8... that is what was my confusion. I guess I need to email support.

slip.png

Potential Tuner
    Hey Guys,
    Im a trans shop thats tried 2 different converter companies and i still get tcc shudder. They leave the shop ok and then they invariable come back with a shudder after couple of months. I was hoping a TCC delete might work. Any insight might help.