Thread: 6.0L LS Log from MAF Tune

Tuner in Training

6.0L LS Log from MAF Tune

I'm looking for advice from this Log file. I believe the motor is stock, and we did some Lambda logging trying to dial in the MAF Sensor. Any advice? thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jrick View Post
    I'm looking for advice from this Log file. I believe the motor is stock, and we did some Lambda logging trying to dial in the MAF Sensor. Any advice? thanks.
    you guys seem to be getting close.

observations:

- make the STFT go mostly negative < 0% if poss. won't take much of a change at this point.
    - o2 sensors oscillating 100 to 800. seems a bit wide. would be interested to see where these end up. this may mean its leaner than needed, the 100mv data.
    - OL, was 862mv when you revved it. Thats leaner than I would want. shoot for 912mv and compare to wideband 12.4 or whatever your favorite number is for the 3% mix of ETOH.

ideas:

- log is around 38kpa idle. if inj are stock and pcm data stock, no changes recommended here.. If not, you can slightly dec fuel inj data around 38kpa and get an increased fueling. I always try and match stock fuel inj slopes or there about.

- MAF data. try to find out what stock engine airflow rates are reported for a stock 6L at idle. adj your maf to match that num in logs, then adj other params to get fueling needed.

- WOT is just a matter of the wideband. Make sure PE enrich is where you want it, then adjust MAF to get that AFR.

just a few ideas.
    Last edited by TFS_Z06; 07-27-2023 at 06:57 AM.

Tuner in Training

Following up.

Quote Originally Posted by TFS_Z06 View Post

observations:

- make the STFT go mostly negative < 0% if poss. won't take much of a change at this point.
    - o2 sensors oscillating 100 to 800. seems a bit wide. would be interested to see where these end up. this may mean its leaner than needed, the 100mv data.
    - OL, was 862mv when you revved it. Thats leaner than I would want. shoot for 912mv and compare to wideband 12.4 or whatever your favorite number is for the 3% mix of ETOH.

ideas:

- log is around 38kpa idle. if inj are stock and pcm data stock, no changes recommended here.. If not, you can slightly dec fuel inj data around 38kpa and get an increased fueling. I always try and match stock fuel inj slopes or there about.

- MAF data. try to find out what stock engine airflow rates are reported for a stock 6L at idle. adj your maf to match that num in logs, then adj other params to get fueling needed.

- WOT is just a matter of the wideband. Make sure PE enrich is where you want it, then adjust MAF to get that AFR.

just a few ideas.
    Thanks for the Notes!!
    I think its a little too lean as well, 1 of the reason I started this journey. That and trying remove a dead spont when the trans shifts back to 1st gear at low RPMs.
    Since Starting to tune the MAF its actually a few percent richer than what the As Found engine had going on. (also Yes they are Stock Injectors) I was going to richen up the Fuel a little bit and do some more runs to see where things end up. I'm also attching the AS Found tune for comparison.

I am new to this, but wanted to ask WHere did you see the 38kpa?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by TFS_Z06 View Post

observations:

ideas:

just a few ideas.
    how true it is that the MAF Sensor can quickly approach the desired AFR, we would be talking that we can achieve an almost perfect AFR, the best thing is to move the MAF to take many shortcuts in my experience

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jrick View Post
    Thanks for the Notes!!
    I think its a little too lean as well, 1 of the reason I started this journey. That and trying remove a dead spont when the trans shifts back to 1st gear at low RPMs.
    Since Starting to tune the MAF its actually a few percent richer than what the As Found engine had going on. (also Yes they are Stock Injectors) I was going to richen up the Fuel a little bit and do some more runs to see where things end up. I'm also attching the AS Found tune for comparison.

I am new to this, but wanted to ask WHere did you see the 38kpa?

there was a small window when you were idling. I just moved the slider on bottom left and right and watch the KPA. It was 36-38 when I checked again. Idling around 580rpm.