Thread: Info on these codes

Tuner in Training

Info on these codes

I just learned how to read DTC's. I came up with these:P0420, B0414, B0229, and U1000. I looked all of these up and found out what they mean, but I have a couple of questions.
    p0420- Does this mean my rear 02's aren't set to ready anymore? (I have gutted cats.)

B0414 & B0229- HVAC Actuator circut No Idea what this means. I think my heater works fine.

finally U1000- Communications malfunction, From what I've read,Don't worry.

What do you guys think?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Tuner in Training
    P0420- Summary-> too much activity on post catt O2's (your catts are gutted)

B0414 & B0229

B0229 recirc actuator
    B0414 Left air temp actuator

Have seen connection problems (ground at right side of IPC)

U1000- If it's a history code don't worry about it (common software glitch)

GMjohn

Tuner in Training
    Thanks GMJohn,
    Am I able to tune out P0420? and Is the B0414 & B0229 problem something I can fix easly?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Tuner in Training
    This thread is interesting, I have a 2004 2500HD and have had four occurrences of the left side Air conditioning system go crazy and blow 100 degree+ air and the right side is completely normal. I havent received my tuner yet but am wondering if when I read the codes I'll see similiar HVAC codes.

That ground for the IPC mentioned in your reply GMJOhn, is that a common problem in the silverado's to cause HVAC issues?

Pardon my ignorance on the IPC Acronym, but what does it stand for and where is this unit located if you think I should go there and check a ground to correct this intermittent problem.

Currently the only way I clear the problem is to turn the truck off, wait a few seconds and turn the truck back on and the system works normally.

Thanks
    Triple H

IPC = Instrument Panel Cluster (Gauges)
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    This gets more interesting with every piece of knowledge.

I just recently had bizzare oil pressure readings where the gauge was running wrapped into the stop and when I turned the truck off it was around 60psi.
    It's starting to sound like a common cause failure. Like when power isn't right and every system on your machine is whacked.

I freaked out thinking I had filter issues or blocked passages or something with only 50,000 miles (approx) I did an emergency oil change and swapped the filter in the middle of no where at an Advanced Auto Parts store parking lot.

It figures I'm out of warranty and Chevy probably knows about this issue.

I deal with issues like this in my industry but if it affects reliablity or safety we fix it no charge. It isn't like my seats ripped or something like that.

Is this ground easy to get to?

Thanks EC