Thread: Hello Everyone

Potential Tuner

Hello Everyone

Just made a account here after just finding out recently HP tuners supports EJ subarus. I myself have a 2020 STi which I have been tuning myself on accesstuner race. My accesstuner race is now obsolete and locked out so now experimenting with HP tuners and after reading (lurking) almost every forum I see people having issues and want to throw my hat in the ring to help people, while still learning myself. I noticed cant upload to tune repository so there are no tunes to learn from and study. With my past experience and whatnot using open source and accesstuner there are some quirks that can be annoying on HP tuners especially regarding fuel injector data (saw many questions, seemed to focus particularly on ID injectors).

Anyway here are a couple maps, one is a OEM map for a 2020 STi other is my base map.
    STOCK DO NOT TOUCH NO TOUCHY TOUCHY.hpt

BASE MAP.hpt

Particularly injectors a lot of people want to run E85, I run E85
    Myself I have ID1300x injectors. As there are no options for IPW scaling we have to go by flow rate, and theirs no cc/ mi so we have to convert cc/mi to lb/ h (cc/ mi)/10.5 = lb/h
    So 1340cc/10.5 = 127 lb/h
    Oh but you wanna run e, needs 30% more fuel where to "add" this is kind of counter intuitive but its basically you tell the ecu the injector is 30% smaller increase duty cycle therefore increasing flow for e85.
    So 88.9 lb/h on a 1300cc injector, make tweaks for AFR as you go.

Maybe this will help people. Maybe it wont. Hope all is well please leave feedback. Thanks for your time.
    Maybe since we have no tune repository we can make a sticky with maps here for users to get a head start. My mod list is extensive but, when I have more time, I'll type it all out.
    Last edited by unr3al_wrx; 07-26-2023 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Typos

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by unr3al_wrx View Post
    Just made a account here after just finding out recently HP tuners supports EJ subarus. I myself have a 2020 STi which I have been tuning myself on accesstuner race. My accesstuner race is now obsolete and locked out so now experimenting with HP tuners and after reading (lurking) almost every forum I see people having issues and want to throw my hat in the ring to help people, while still learning myself. I noticed cant upload to tune repository so there are no tunes to learn from and study. With my past experience and whatnot using open source and accesstuner there are some quirks that can be annoying on HP tuners especially regarding fuel injector data (saw many questions, seemed to focus particularly on ID injectors).

Anyway here are a couple maps, one is a OEM map for a 2020 STi other is my base map.
    STOCK DO NOT TOUCH NO TOUCHY TOUCHY.hpt

BASE MAP.hpt

Particularly injectors a lot of people want to run E85, I run E85
    Myself I have ID1300x injectors. As there are no options for IPW scaling we have to go by flow rate, and theirs no cc/ mi so we have to convert cc/mi to lb/ h (cc/ mi)/10.5 = lb/h
    So 1340cc/10.5 = 127 lb/h
    Oh but you wanna run e, needs 30% more fuel where to "add" this is kind of counter intuitive but its basically you tell the ecu the injector is 30% smaller increase duty cycle therefore increasing flow for e85.
    So 88.9 lb/h on a 1300cc injector, make tweaks for AFR as you go.

Maybe this will help people. Maybe it wont. Hope all is well please leave feedback. Thanks for your time.
    Maybe since we have no tune repository we can make a sticky with maps here for users to get a head start. My mod list is extensive but, when I have more time, I'll type it all out.
    Thanks for sharing. Are you not enabling a Flex Fuel "scalar" in your tune? Meaning, there's no way for the ECU to adjust if you fill up with 93 unless you flash a different map with the different LB/HR at 43 or 58 PSI etc?
    Last edited by Kevin92; 08-02-2023 at 10:27 AM.