Thread: f150 cutting timing

Advanced Tuner

f150 cutting timing

its a saleen supercharged 2007 f150, only mods are an exhaust and removed catalytic.

for some reason its taking all the timing away, there are no codes on it or anything that gives me a clue about what is going on here.

dyno6.hpl
    tune1.hpt

as you can see on this datalog it did it mid pass and it went from 16* to 2*

you have knock in SENSOR 1

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Josue Galban View Post
    you have knock in SENSOR 1
    i actually made the knock retard table 0 to see if it was knock, it wasnt that, it takes the timing away and it never comes back, next time i go wot its still 2* of timing

Advanced Tuner
    I'll use 5000 RPM as an example.
    Your load is around 1.05 so your desired spark advance is around 22*. Your IAT is 180* which is -10*, leaving us with 12* WOT.
    You have a supercharger in place of the intake manifold and IMRC's but those tables are still enabled. That's costing you another 11 to 12*.
    Interpolation between cells, spark modifiers and load values etc, timings running as commanded. I suggest zero the IMRC modifiers and try to get some more airfow through the engine compartment and fresh air to the cold air intake. Make sure your heat exchanger is running right, make sure the coolant is flowing in your secondary cooling system.

The reason your timing went from 15 to 2 is, timing was already reduced 10* from your IAT's, once you get up to a certain RPM, the IMRC modifier makes a big switch from adding double digit degrees to removing double digit degrees.