Thread: 19 hellcat boost cut issue/timing?

19 hellcat boost cut issue/timing?

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with boost cut it looks like. It also puts the timing down and the car falls on the big end in the run. Kpa is max at 255.

Attach is the file and log for viewing.

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    try to log actual not generic spark

pulling timing and fuel half way thru 4th but i would not be tuning it (or running it) that far down the track yet

you have work to do in the first 330' i would fix that first

who tuned your trans? it is killing itself!

what tire are you running? ton of spin maybe the track sucks dunno. maybe the car just needs more tire but the tune needs work there regardless

look at timing during 1-2 shift

you are gonna hurt it
    Attached Images Attached Images

The car spun the tire on 1-2 shift that the reason for the timing being pulled. It's on a small tires slicks. Someone else tuned the trans. Never had this problem before with the boost drop and timing pull.

I'm wondering why the KPa reads 255 max and it's not making 23lbs. I logged the right and left sensors, they are 230kpa.

Thank you for the input.

Advanced Tuner
    i dont have it open now but iirc i thought i saw 21 or 22 psi in the lower gears and then it pulled fuel and timing half way thru 4th

you saying it spun 'is why' it pulled timing during the shift - no, the tq mgmt table makes it pull timing as to not break the cast alum drums n splines. yours tho only pulled for a spit second and then threw it all back at it wayyy before the shift was completed. yeah tire was spinning but you can see the clutch slip in the log. tis not happy

whoever tuned that trans is a maniac. throwing 13 bar at every gear. what do you plan on doing once the adapts do their thing????

that tune needs alot of work . i personally wouldn't run it on how dangers its .

Wow, I can't believe the tranny tune is that bad.

bring "torque throttle source" as a pid into your log. it provides a hint and when and where issues happen. I'd add more "inj pulse width limit", restore all cat overtemp stuff to stock, minimum timing tables to stock, and add 10% maybe 20% and no more to supercharger airflow table above stock. Your max airflow table in engine diag can be raised since this is 2017 and above, without issues. the older hellcats maf based don't like that. Your green throttle line in wot will be a straight line without little dips where it tried to close the throttle a touch. Lots more to do, but this at a quick glance is what I saw over my lunch. It'll help.

Potential Tuner
    i know this has nothing to do with this convo but why cant i start my own thread/post its not giving me an option

Advanced Tuner
    someone posts a log and a tune of a pass the first thing i look at is kr in the log

then how de sensitized are the sensors in the tune

if its not killing itself there i then look at how much converter it has and how it is hooking/shifting

that was as far as i made it with this guy

before he fucks around with timing or fueling or airflow he has to fix the trans tune

Potential Tuner
    I have the same problem with a 2017 Hellcat.
    One of the MAP channels hits 255 kPa (36 PSIA) then drops to zero.
    A half second after MAP drops, timing pulls back to 9 deg and lambda goes to .8.
    I posted a thread, the only reply said it is a limit in the OS.
    I think there is a problem somewhere.
    Not sure where this particular MAP channel comes from, but it appears the ECM is responding to it.

I am not making 22 lb of boost.
    I have a 4.5L Whipple with a 4.25" pulley and cat delete.
    On-board boost gage corresponds to the expected boost of 17 PSI.
    This particular MAP channel reads 18 PSIA vs baro reading of 14.5 at rest.

There are 5 other channels I found referring to MAP.
    They read the following values when this MAP channel hit 36.8 PSIA, before dropping to 0.
    Intake manifold absolute pressure = 28.9
    Sensed MAP = 29.6
    Calculated Manifold Absolute Pressure = 29.6
    MAP estimated (TP model) = 1.45

This MAP channel provides false high data, yet appears to be used by the ECM.

Tried 3 bar MAP sensors/calibration, problem remains.

Would like to hear from someone who has tracked this down.