Thread: AEM wideband intermittently showing in VCM Scanner

Potential Tuner

AEM wideband intermittently showing in VCM Scanner

Hello everyone, first post here and first time tuner. Just recently finished a LQ9/4l80e swap into an OBS Chevy and am ready to start tuning however the AEM wideband I got (30-0334) is not ALWAYS showing as a channel in VCM scanner when I start to record the log. I've converted it to serial data because it came with the OBD port for CAN, but my truck and ECU do not support CAN. I've played around with the PID and settings in the actual gauge and am still having issues. I just got it to work for one session but as soon as I cycled the key and tried again, it doesn't show. I've done some searching here on the forum and can't really find any solid information. I would greatly appreciate any help or any directions on what to try. Thank you!

I've added the channel in VCM Scanner as follows:
    External Inputs>Serial Port>AEM>AEM AFR
    Transform>Parameter>AEM-4110

Potential Tuner
    I did some more research this evening; I found more info when searching the whole HPT forum instead of just the Gen III forum (sorry it's been many years since I've used an actual forum) I came across a user that posted this link which didn't completely solve the issue. However, the actual fix I've discovered is I need to boot-up my tuning laptop WITH my MPVi3 and serial port cable already hooked up. Hopefully this will help any others in the future.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you using Windows 11?
    You say it works if plugged in and restart? Good to know. I have not made the upgrade to Win 11 yet because of the issues I hear. I use the prolink cable and have not had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    Are you using Windows 11?
    You say it works if plugged in and restart? Good to know. I have not made the upgrade to Win 11 yet because of the issues I hear. I use the prolink cable and have not had any issues.
    I have been using 11 pro for about a year and a half without issues. Even run it on VMware without issues. What issues are you hearing about?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    I have been using 11 pro for about a year and a half without issues. Even run it on VMware without issues. What issues are you hearing about?
    Are you using the Serial to USB adapters in Win 11 without any issues? IDK maybe the 11 Pro version has better driver support for that connection? The cable gets "lost" which has been an issue for several people, but I use the Prolink and not EGR or AC channel inputs.