Thread: p59 swap procharged

Tuner in Training

p59 swap procharged

Hello need a litttle help to make my truck idle better. 408 stroker, cammed. 233/250 618/595 113+5 Idle very low at a round 400 to 500 needing to get it above 800 changed a few things back and fourth nothing working so far. thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Flewbyu123; 07-30-2023 at 06:01 PM.

At a quick glance of just the tune. I noticed the cylinder volume isn't correct for the 408 engine size. The MAP sensor settings seems odd, no idea what sensor uses those settings. I see it's a P59 computer but you converted it back to drive by cable? That computer had the correct IAC drivers on it?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    At a quick glance of just the tune. I noticed the cylinder volume isn't correct for the 408 engine size. The MAP sensor settings seems odd, no idea what sensor uses those settings. I see it's a P59 computer but you converted it back to drive by cable? That computer had the correct IAC drivers on it?
    Yes its DBC. And it has IAC drivers.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Flewbyu123 View Post
    Yes its DBC. And it has IAC drivers.
    You need to add a lot of channels to your Scanner list. Try these p59 DBC.Channels.xml.
    It is almost too many channels for Gen3 bandwidth but it will get a good baseline.
    It was already mentioned, you need to have correct MAP sensor characteristics verify what part number you have.
    On the next tune you post, you could use the edit tab> Calibration details> Tune over view... and in the Notes: list what has been done. That way anyone trying to help you does not have to go back and forth to the posts to figure out your mods, it will be listed in the Calibration detail notes. Just a suggestion.