Thread: Portable wideband power

Advanced Tuner

Portable wideband power

I am having trouble with my amazon 12v cigarette ligher as a power supply. Are there any GOOD quality cigarette lighter options out there? Also are there any other good, easy to install options for power?

The problem with anonymous commodity electronics is that the distributors have every incentive to lie about the specs and zero incentive not to. Just like how USB power banks over time went from 2,000mAh to 2,000,000mAh with the same components inside.

What problem are you having? Is this a 12v to USB thing or just straight 12v to 12v?

Advanced Tuner
    12v to 12v in on wideband. The cheap plugs have a overly aggressive spring and pushes out, loosing wideband power and having to reheat while logging. I found some for cb radios that have rubber o rings to keep it seated but im not sure of the wire gauge or amp rating. Id like at least 16 gauge to possibly give better grounding qualities.

Advanced Tuner
    I ended up thinking to check ballenger motorsports and found a pretty good looking option there. Now to pick out a new toy to justify paying shipping.