Thread: 5.3 turbo help

Tuner in Training

5.3 turbo help

im having trouble with the tune on my swap, its got stage 3 cam, ls7 lifters, gapped rings, turbo about 7 psi spring, any help is appreciated,

what its doing is about 2,500 rpm or so under boost it goes rich and cuts out like you let off, and its comanding 12.5 afr at a idle
    im still learning on everything to boost
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

In the log the engine peaks over 16psi of boost. You do not appear to have a wideband. The timing map is being maxed out at 5 degrees. The engine will not run properly there. I also see some lean areas according to narrowbands during boost. The VE table is not flat.

I do not believe your engine is ready for VE tuning yet there are many things first you must do.

I think
    A. get a wideband connected to the ECU
    B. Correct the boost pressure issue
    C. The IAT jumps from 90*IAT to 104*IAT so fast either there is a boost leak or the intercooler is too small, perform a pressure test

The people here will need more data. Wideband. What Type of fuel, is this on E85 or Gasoline? Many of the tables in the ECU are not filled out. You will need AFR Advance to correct timing for maxed timing maps at higher boost levels.

Tuner in Training
    93 oct i do have a wide band but i didnt have it connected to the mpvi2, and any tables i need?