Thread: noob, MPVI3 prolink+ AEM wideband install questions

Tuner in Training

noob, MPVI3 prolink+ AEM wideband install questions

30-0300
    mpvi3 prolink plus

gauge plugged in and wired to +\-
    From gauge green/black wire to prolink+ Blue
    From gauge white/black wire to prolink+ Black

In VCMscanner I Added channel External inputs > MPVI3 > Prolink+ >input 1 and 2 added
    Then,
    Transform 1/2 to Oxygen Sensors > Air-Fuel Ratio >AEM 30-(03x0) >ok
    Then channels 1 and 2 show same voltages of the Wideband.
    How do I now show the inputs as one gauge wideband O2 lambda?
    Does everything look correct before I finish the wiring for good?
    Another roadblock I just installed the trans and it has no fluid so i cant start the engine.
    Last edited by Windsma; 04-22-2023 at 10:50 PM.

i am going though the same thing now, and i could very well be wrong but my understanding is the aemnet - and aemnet+ wires (grn/blk, whi/blk) go too a seperate module for purchase through aem. and are not the wires you use to tap into the prolink+

instead it's supposed to be the white 0-5v analog output positive, and the brown 0-5v analog output negative that you wire directly to the prolink+
    which wires on the prolink im not positive on yet as im still waiting for mine too come in the mail.

here is a video i found on it.
    https://youtu.be/s_-DOPHVdG8

hope this helps

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JR92RS View Post
    i am going though the same thing now, and i could very well be wrong but my understanding is the aemnet - and aemnet+ wires (grn/blk, whi/blk) go too a seperate module for purchase through aem. and are not the wires you use to tap into the prolink+

instead it's supposed to be the white 0-5v analog output positive, and the brown 0-5v analog output negative that you wire directly to the prolink+
    which wires on the prolink im not positive on yet as im still waiting for mine too come in the mail.

here is a video i found on it.
    https://youtu.be/s_-DOPHVdG8

hope this helps
    I struggled with this as well. I opened a ticket with HPTuners and they were not helpful. I could get the analog signal to log fine, but I wanted it to go through the CAN bus. Through a variety of forum posts - ended up connecting a 100 ohm resistor between the grn/blk & whi/blk wires and I immediately started to receive the data stream through the CAN as it is supposed to.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsma View Post
    30-0300
    mpvi3 prolink plus

gauge plugged in and wired to +\-
    From gauge green/black wire to prolink+ Blue
    From gauge white/black wire to prolink+ Black

In VCMscanner I Added channel External inputs > MPVI3 > Prolink+ >input 1 and 2 added
    Then,
    Transform 1/2 to Oxygen Sensors > Air-Fuel Ratio >AEM 30-(03x0) >ok
    Then channels 1 and 2 show same voltages of the Wideband.
    How do I now show the inputs as one gauge wideband O2 lambda?
    Does everything look correct before I finish the wiring for good?
    Another roadblock I just installed the trans and it has no fluid so i cant start the engine.

Potential Tuner
    im trying to figure out the same problem with not much luck. any advice?

Potential Tuner
    Also having the issue. Spent all day trying different things, including what OP had done with no luck.