Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Which Wideband is right for YOU?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    So is this wideband/setup right for ME?
    - 2001 LS1 engine (have)
    - 2016 laptop (have)
    - AEM 30-4110 without the 02 sensor http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AEM-Digit...IAAOSwmmxW6yVN (don't have) (50/50 on that and with Gen4 PLX)
    - Bosch 17123 4.9 LSU wideband 02 sensor (short lead version of Bosch 17025) (have)
    - VCM Suite STANDARD (like am I the only one with Standard instead of Pro?) (waiting to be delivered)

Would I be able to fully tune my car/LS1 using those parts above? Help please. I wanna buy a wideband controller asap. (AEM 30-4110 or Gen4 PLX)
    Having the equipment is only a small part of the equation, have you tuned vehicles before?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rolls View Post
    Having the equipment is only a small part of the equation, have you tuned vehicles before?
    Not with computer software, no. But I will learn how to.

Back to the topic and what I was asking..
    Is it possible for me or anyone else on the planet to tune my car with the list of parts I wrote down.
    Can I (or anyone) connect them all up and be able to check out and adjust the A/F ratio, blah blah bah...
    Again, with VCM Suite STANDARD.

Yes it is possible. It will have to be connected via serial or via EGR/AC wiring like mentioned in the other thread though.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Yes it is possible. It will have to be connected via serial or via EGR/AC wiring like mentioned in the other thread though.
    Thanks schpenxel. You're the MVP of this place. I'll look into this umm, serial connection more.. and buy a wideband controller hopefully tonight. Just have to research the shyt out of the 2 and see which is best.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by viper04af View Post
    PLX, easy to hook up and works, OR the AEM
    Can you help me with wiring the PLX to HP Tuners?

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    Can you help me with wiring the PLX to HP Tuners?
    Connect the 0-5V "wideband" output of the PLX controller to to analog input 1 ("A/D Input 1" on picture below) on the MPVI interface. You should also run a ground wire from a ground on the PLX interface to the ground pin on the HPTuners interface, but a lot people don't and get by.

You can see the outputs in the PLX manual found below. Be sure to check yours before using this pinout; I believe they moved some pins around recently so it may have changed.
    http://www.plxdevices.com/v/vspfiles...user_guide.pdf

And HPTuners interface pinout:

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    If you don't run a ground wire and the grounds are different due to one having a poor earth you will get an offset error. I would highly recommend running the ground.

This is where serial would be so much better, I think HPT have implemented it for one or two companies.

If you can use serial use it, no offset errors or messy ground etc, it either works or it doesn't.

Yeah they've done some implementation for serial, mainly for Innovate and AEM. I can't remember if they ever really tested it on PLX. From what I recall AEM works better as what they send out via serial seems a bit simpler.

Still... with good wiring ground offsets really shouldn't be an issue. AEM has started including a dedicated ground circuit that you have to use as a ground for the analog out. It's amazingly accurate that way... I've compared it down to several decimal places vs. an OBD connection and it was hard to find a difference, I was shocked. PLX I haven't ever done that but did run one for a year or so and never had any issues

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Do you need the whole wideband kits or can you just install and use a wideband sensor connected to the MPVI Box?

Have to have the controller. Then controller connects to MPVI.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys, new to this, and I have an old Innovate LM-1 that has two analog outputs, 0-1V and 0-2V. Is there a way to configure to this output or am I going to have to buy a new Wide band? Hate to spend the money if I don't have to!

There are two analog channels but they can be modified to simulate AFR wideband values of up to 20v or narroband O2 values of 0-1v. There is a serial interface cable that hooks to the computer but is terminated in a DB9 connector. For todays computers you will need a serial to USB adapter cable and run the Logworks software. You will be able to reprogram the chanells to any AFR or Lambda transform you desire.

Here is the manual

It is an old unit but works pretty good. As a mater of fact I stil have one that I use from time to time though I have migrated more to the AEM line for everyday tuning.

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mowton; 11-03-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    new to tuning and still getting set up. Anyone know if i get the plx wideband, can i use both analog outputs at the same time so the wideband provides the ecm with the analog narrowband signal and my mpvi pro with the analog wideband signal?
    Last edited by mowton; 11-04-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmarsh View Post
    new to tuning and still getting set up. Anyone know if i get the plx wideband, can i use both analog outputs at the same time so the wideband provides the ecm with the analog narrowband signal and my mpvi pro with the analog wideband signal?
    Yes just have to tie in the PLX wideband output (0-1v) to the narrowband connector going back to the PCM. many of the Widebands available tody will support that scenario.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Mowton! that sounds like a lot of trouble given the price of the AEM's. Also, my LM-1 is reading 15.2 at idle, so I richened it a bit, would barely run, so I tried leaning it a bit over where it was. Ran better. I am thinking the sensor may be bad. Ordered an AEM to see what it looks like, worst case I spent a little more than what a sensor cost. And when I say a little, I started with a +2 and it ran terrible, so I tried -1 from the base 6.0 map and it was happier, but the LM-1 says 15.9 now. That is why I'm thinking the sensor is done.

Tuner in Training
    OK, probably a major noob question, but the AEM 30-4110 doesn't have a ground wire with the sensor wire. I have it just hooked up with the blue sensor wire to port 1 but no ground wire. I am seeing some strange AF numbers like 10.2:1. Now it will occasionally put up a good number, and occasionally put up a 19 ish number. should I run a ground wire or do I have an other issue?

Based on the low numbers and how it felt, I gave a -3 to the whole VE table and it is better, but I don't like seat of the pants vs. using these fancy tools!

Tuner
    Am looking into wegoIV wideband anyone tired it and how is it ?
    How to connect it to the mpvi2 ?
    Jeep wrangler 2012 automatic, sprintex supercharger, 9lbs of boost, 4.5" lift, fox 2.5 internal bypass shocks, 4.88 gears, 37" tires,

Ford Mustang Shelby gt350 2017, airraid air filter, jlt catch-can,

can anyone tell me if the lm2 can be hooked up
    serial to usb
    thanks

Potential Tuner
    If i get 2 NTK 24302 sensors can i wire them to run directly to mpvi2 or do i need a controller? Going on 04 GTO. Ill use VCM scanner for logging.

Potential Tuner
    I purchased the Daytona Sensors WEGO IV unit and can NOT get it to work with HPtuners. I create the PID and it vanishes when starting to scan.
    Frustrated as hell.