Thread: Knock sensor calibration on a 2015 Challenger - built bottom-end 6.4, blower, e85

Tuner in Training

Knock sensor calibration on a 2015 Challenger - built bottom-end 6.4, blower, e85

Curious as to how aggressive you guys are having to get with the knock sensor threshold tables? Also, when logging the knock voltages, how high of a consistent voltage range are you comfortable seeing, but especially 'spikes' in voltage? Mods are; rods, pistons, cam, VVT delete, HC blower with bypass controller, FIC 1200s, Fore return fuel system, and e85. TIA for any helpful input! I'm going to pull a spark plug out to see what's in it and check the gaps. I've got an external knock detection kit but it's very difficult to find a good spot on it. So, pretty much having to rely on the factory sensors for feedback

Advanced Tuner
    if it has good bearings, clearances, rods and pistons you are not gonna hurt a motor that is on ethanol by putting a oem blower on it

that would be my mindset

then again i have grenaded a bunch of shit

so there is that : )

Hellcat Blower on a 6.4L... Too much boost for that engine IMO but hey, it's your car.

Advanced Tuner
    say what?

drugs are real : )

Advanced Tuner
    Set mine to 3volts. Just spikes fir a moment and goes away. Usually loggs around 1.8-2.2 volts with around 4-5k rpm seeing the worse of it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by FstdodgeKY View Post
    Set mine to 3volts. Just spikes fir a moment and goes away. Usually loggs around 1.8-2.2 volts with around 4-5k rpm seeing the worse of it.
    Appreciate the feedback. This motor is noisy with the blower.