Thread: 2019-2022 cm2450b dodge reflash warning!!

Banned

2019-2022 cm2450b dodge reflash warning!!

So found out today that dodge did a os flash on some of these trucks and you cant read them out flash them with pretty much anything. And if you do flash it with hpt or anything else you will have a no start. it gives you a checksum error after flashing. apparently they locked the pcm's down even more.. has anyone else had this issue, have you found the back door to this problem to get them unlocked or changing back to an older os software.

There is a good post on the EFILive forum about this. Essentially, once the new OS is flashed on the truck by the dealer, you are done (no way to tune it anymore). It is why I am hesitant to have the CP3 swap done. I want the CP3, but I do not want the OS flash. Hopefully I can just get the physical parts changed and leave the tuning to me.
    Last edited by jfreemanak; 08-04-2023 at 01:04 PM.
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Banned
    is there anything we can do to revert the boot block back using kess or ktag??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreemanak View Post
    There is a good post on the EFILive forum about this. Essentially, once the new OS is flashed on the truck by the dealer, you are done (no way to tune it anymore). It is why I am hesitant to have the CP3 swap done. I want the CP3, but I do not want the OS flash. Hopefully I can just get the physical parts changed and leave the tuning to me.
    Seen lots still tuneable after the OEM CP3 flash. Done some myself. Untuneable CM2450 with anything but HP Tuners after flashing with HP Tuners I have seen.

That is good to know Jim. Maybe I should just schedule the recall and see what happens. Though it would suck to lose tuning ability. Are you saying that on some CM2450 controllers, once they have been tuned with HP Tuners, they are unable to be tuned with other products?

Banned
    Been my experience yes