Thread: 6.4 Powerstroke - limp mode?

Potential Tuner

6.4 Powerstroke - limp mode?

I?m throwing in the towel. Hoping someone can enlighten me. My truck flooded a few years ago and finally some things started to corrode and started my nightmare. Long story short I?ve listed below the parts and modules changed. A lot of it was overdue anyways

- PCM
    - TCM
    - 15% over injectors
    - Electronic non water cooled vgt actuator
    - ABS module
    - Billet compressor wheels in both stock chargers

In addition to changing parts I also found multiple harness connections that had corroded. Finally after getting everything cleaned up and connected I got the truck running but seems like it?s in limp mode as it?s way down in power (stock power level cal). My assumption is I either did it wrong or HPT doesn?t go deep enough to disable codes so as not to trigger limp mode from missing components? (Egr, dpf, factory lift pump)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is the codes I?m picking up using Forscan

PCM P0232-FF
    PCM P0405-FE
    PCM P0488-FE
    PCM P1335-FF
    PCM P1000-FF

Banned
    Just because you disabled the codes with hpt doesnt mean its not going to go into limp.. your not disabling the rest of the scr and def stuff on the back end to shut everything down. you have to use xdf file and user defined parameters or use a bin file and convert it to hpt.

Potential Tuner
    Ok thank you. Unfortunately I think thats where youll lose me. This xdf file and bin file, are you converting the hpt calibration into a xdf file or bin, making your change and going back to hpt? Is this done with another program and/or interface? Sorry that is probably a dumb question but we all gotta start somewhere.

I left you guys a voicemail this morning by the way inquiring about tuning. You guys just finished rebuilding my brothers truck a couple weeks ago after a different shop did a number on it and he has had nothing but good things to say!

Tuner in Training
    Turning off codes as stated before doesn't really do much for you. Flood could mean a world of elec. problems. Lets look at these codes one by one to start some where.

P0232 Code : Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit High

This could be serious and needs investigation, If I was a betting man I would guess the wire harness on you HPFP is corroded You will need to pull turbos and get down to harness to investigate.

P0405 : Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor "A" Circuit Low

We know why this one is here components no longer available. No concern at this time.

P0488 : Exhaust Gas Recirculation Throttle Control Circuit "A" Range/Performance

We know why this one is here components no longer available. No concern at this time.

P1335 : Crankshaft Position Sensor

This could be serious and needs investigation.

P1000 : On Board Diagnostic System Readiness Test Not Complete

Due to missing components this will forever be present, Don't worry it doesn't effect anything but an OBD2 readiness state.

Also PM sent
    1999 chevy suburban 7.4l on 40's
    2006 chevy 2500hd duramax
    2004 chevy trailblazer wife's wheeler
    1999 ford f250 7.3l super duty
    2008 ford f350 6.4l super duty
    1994 chevy s10 4.3 vortech heads w/ tbi intake stock plan to bag one day
    2010 bmw 535xi wife's DD

Potential Tuner
    Bro please explain. i need help with this.

PM me with your problems and I might be able to help