Thread: E90 ECM VVT settings

Potential Tuner

E90 ECM VVT settings

Does anyone know if there are any additional vvt settings other than the low, medium, high baro and WOT cam settings that need to be changed in this E90 for the 2019+ trucks?

I just did a cam swap in my L87 and my cam is not moving when logging. I know it moved before the swap via logs and ive double checked those vvt settings but logs indicate its not moving and im only as fast as i was with stock cam and stock tuning. Everything runs great and no real issues that i can see. Timing is only at about 19* at wot for now and fueling is about 2+/- on short term fuel trims. logs and draggy runs prove my times are identical to pre cam swap so at least i didnt loose anything but I am second guessing my cam choice.

Mods are BTR stage 2 truck cam kit from BTR with the 4* limiter, ported intake manifold, kooks 1 7/8 headers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tuning Addict
    Post the current and stock tunes along with a current log.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dram1983361 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any additional vvt settings other than the low, medium, high baro and WOT cam settings that need to be changed in this E90 for the 2019+ trucks?

I just did a cam swap in my L87 and my cam is not moving when logging. I know it moved before the swap via logs and ive double checked those vvt settings but logs indicate its not moving and im only as fast as i was with stock cam and stock tuning. Everything runs great and no real issues that i can see. Timing is only at about 19* at wot for now and fueling is about 2+/- on short term fuel trims. logs and draggy runs prove my times are identical to pre cam swap so at least i didnt loose anything but I am second guessing my cam choice.

Mods are BTR stage 2 truck cam kit from BTR with the 4* limiter, ported intake manifold, kooks 1 7/8 headers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Apply the values in the cam card regarding degree of retards , although that cam is supposed to be for 5.3 L83/L84 not L87 so it's kinda close to stock 6.2 cam .

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eng.LSX View Post
    Apply the values in the cam card regarding degree of retards , although that cam is supposed to be for 5.3 L83/L84 not L87 so it's kinda close to stock 6.2 cam .
    Yea that has been done, i was just curious if there were any additional tables in the E90 ecms.

GHughins, i dont have the stock file. Its on my tuners laptop so all i have are a couple logs and current tune