Thread: 2015 Cadillac Escalade Stalling, Surging and will not start without throttle BTR Cam

Potential Tuner

Question 2015 Cadillac Escalade Stalling, Surging and will not start without throttle BTR Cam

To begin this off I am entirely new to gen V tuning, I am very green with most of this torque based tuning so I apologize if some of my tables look like they have been on the beaches of Normandy. I've mostly worked with Gen III cars and recently a customer brought me this escalade with a DOD failure, So I fixed the issues and installed a BTR Stage 3 Truck Cam and it drives fine but it will not start without giving any throttle input . Most of the time it is pretty difficult to get started, once started it will idle for 20-45 seconds then it will start surging until it stalls unless put in gear. it will occasionally stall at low speeds and almost always after heavy breaking. I have changed just about every parameter I Can and nothing seems to fix it other than removing the vacuum line to the valley cover, Once that vacuum line is removed it runs fine. help would be appreciated. I will attach 2 datalogs and the tune along with a stock tune.2015 Escalade l86 BTR Stage 3 Truck cam idle Surge, Stall and no start without throttle.hpt2015 escalade btr stg3 2.hpl2015 Escalade l86 BTR Stage 3 Truck cam idle Surge, Stall and no start without throttle.hpl

Tuning Addict
    Cranking airflow and torque - last column is used as braf. Prior columns used as startup and braf for rpm settle. You also have split/clo...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Thanks I will Modify those values tomorrow morning, Hopefully that will fix the starting issues. Hopefully I can find a way to fix the stalling and surging issue, but I don't believe these values should have any effect on those two issues. Then again this is my first dive into this platform thanks for your assistance and help.

Potential Tuner
    That fixed my startup issue and i was able to get it to not completely stall in park. now it will idle fine for about 10-20 seconds then throw itself into a pretty bad surge and it still randomly wants to stall going down the road after you let off the throttle after acceleration. Escalade 3.hpl2015 Escalade l86 BTR Stage 3 Truck cam surge,moving stall.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Any progress here?