Thread: 68RFE Line Pressure Increase Quesiton

Potential Tuner

68RFE Line Pressure Increase Quesiton

I have a 2008 68RFE that I just put a new Revmax valve body in. The recommendation from Revmax is that I can run 225 line pressure with the new Valve body. They do not however have any tunes to help with this. I now have an HPVI3 and have unlocked the advanced features so I see the line pressure settings.

I adjusted the max line pressures to 225 and flashed the truck and everything seemed good until I was towing with it. Driving on flat all was good but when pulling some minor hills where I had to put more than 50% throttle in 5th gear I noticed that my TCC seemed to be going into a Partial Lock instead of full lock. It would not slip more than about 100 RPM then hold strong. I assumed it had something to do with the tune, so I lowered the max line pressure to 210 with the same results. To remove any doubt about it being the tune or the Transmission I flashed the stock tune back and all was good, TCC held under throttle and transmission shifted well.

Below are the only settings that I changed. I am assuming that I have to change some other setting to account for the higher line pressure but I do not know where to start. Any help would be appreciated. I can also send the tune file if needed.

225PSI1.png

225PSI2.png

225PSI3.png

Thank you

Potential Tuner
    I was able to communicate with Revmax today, and these are the settings they recommend. I am able to find settings for everything except the TCC Gain Rate. Not sure if that is available for the 2008.

Lastly, does anyone know if I should also be changing the pressures during shift events? The file does not mention those. Thank you again, Once I get this figured out then I can start trying some other parameters, but I want to have a good base line to start from.

Revmax settings.png