Thread: need help tuning '16 6.7F-350 SD

Potential Tuner

need help tuning '16 6.7F-350 SD

New to the tuning world....i have quite a few tuned diesels but always had someone else do the tuning.
    I recently got an MVPI3 and looking to dive into it, but I'm a little hesitant.

I have a 2016 F-350 6.7 dually with a clogged dpf. Truck is currently completely stock.... looking to help her breathe better and tune her. I live in the mountains of Colorado at about 7-8k ft elevation and mostly pull a 30ft gooseneck so want something not too crazy.

Any help appreciated!!

thanks

I don't want to say you will not be able but you will have a hard time learning how to make that happen by yourself. You're better off finding someone to give you a base file with things turned off and then you can play around from that point. Although I will recommend not learning on a truck you plan to tow a lot of weight with, and also get yourself an EGT gauge.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    I don't want to say you will not be able but you will have a hard time learning how to make that happen by yourself. You're better off finding someone to give you a base file with things turned off and then you can play around from that point. Although I will recommend not learning on a truck you plan to tow a lot of weight with, and also get yourself an EGT gauge.
    This is kinda what I was thinking as well.....kinda nervous to just jump in and start messing with things.
    I saw on another thread that you do tuning on 6.7 SD? Would you happen to have a good base file to start with?