Thread: Sotf tuning

Tuner in Training

Sotf tuning

I have recently heard there is sotf tunning avail. On 6.4l? I was under impression that only 6.0l had this? Did I miss something?
    1999 chevy suburban 7.4l on 40's
    2006 chevy 2500hd duramax
    2004 chevy trailblazer wife's wheeler
    1999 ford f250 7.3l super duty
    2008 ford f350 6.4l super duty
    1994 chevy s10 4.3 vortech heads w/ tbi intake stock plan to bag one day
    2010 bmw 535xi wife's DD

i believe for the Ford application it is just the 6.0 through HPT.
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

It’s available on sct I know but don’t think so on 6.4

Tuner in Training
    Well there is some companys saying they offer sotf tunes for 6.4 and 6.7...so where does this leave us? Lol

I?m decided lol

Who does it for the 6.7? Ezlynk?

Banned
    you can do it with hpt, ezlynk, sct,. pretty much anything but its not the same as what hpt has for 6.0 platform..

Banned
    its a scam.. its not a true sotf.. its using the torque output to limit the power from using fuel temp or cac temp.. 6.4, 6.7 all the same way..

Tuner in Training
    Most sotf are done by the torque limit from what i have seen in the past. I understand that part. What I am not understanding is without adding a controller how would the ecm be able to store the info? Like changing some bit to a potentiometer? Pm sent with link

There is a potentiometer hooked up in line with a sensor (typically the FUEL TEMP sensor).

The fuel temp sensor is either scaled so the ?switch? will tell the ecm hey I?m at 32* let?s bump timing or fuel (which ever way it works) that would be your performance tune.

Same goes for reverse.. ?switch? is set for 0 and the ecm sees HIGH fuel temps so it backs timing or fuel down.

This is the basic way of looking at it. None of these numbers are accurate btw. But that is my understanding

Tuner in Training
    Ahhhh.... i see what you did there!
    1999 chevy suburban 7.4l on 40's
    2006 chevy 2500hd duramax
    2004 chevy trailblazer wife's wheeler
    1999 ford f250 7.3l super duty
    2008 ford f350 6.4l super duty
    1994 chevy s10 4.3 vortech heads w/ tbi intake stock plan to bag one day
    2010 bmw 535xi wife's DD

Post above! That?s your answer! I have never done it for the 6.4 or the 6.7 so I was just under the impression that?s how it worked.

6.0 with enough trial and error you can get the trans to shift pretty smooth. I have a file I used to run that was about damn near perfect. But I spent almost a year refining it little by little

Tuner in Training
    THANK YOU! That clears that up! I will say that makes me want to get some tunes from you powerstroke. I juat cant justify it under an ever evolving project at this time.

Potential Tuner
    From my understanding:
    CAC & FTS SOTF switches are basically a volume control of the channel (tune)
    you are currently flashed to.
    That being said, I think I understand now why some people do not care for them.
    Your making small, but potentially "undesirable" changes to the way the tune was specifically wrote to perform.
    If this is the case, in the event that somebody is running a SOTF tune, what would be the best 1-5 setting on the switch to keep said tune as close to "desirable" as possible?
    On my 2017 6.7 PS position (5) puts me at .5v at idle. I feel this is as close to "normal" voltage if you were to not have SOTF switch installed. Is this correct or will the specific switch position always provide its own parameters to which voltage is delivered.

I.E:
    Without SOTF (.5 - 5.0v) +/-
    And with SOTF the switch position would adjust resistance to a specific minimum or maximum voltage

Is this a basic understanding or do i need to go smash my head on a rock until knowledge is achieved?

Tuner in Training
    The switch is basically creating 5 different temperatures. the truck will see the temp and will only allow a certain amount of torque output per temp setting. doesnt change timing or anything else. so basically, your go pedal does the same thing.