Thread: MQB "Maximum indicated engine torque" capped at 550nm - no start + EPC

Tuner in Training

MQB "Maximum indicated engine torque" capped at 550nm - no start + EPC

2016 Golf R running S3 software.

Car is an animal but there's way more in it. Currently dealing with a no-start and EPC light when any cell in the "Maximum indicated engine torque" table is set to over 550nm. The pending code set is for ECU Performance.

Flash back to 550 or below, and car will start.

Does anyone have more color on this table and/or if there's an inverse compliment like KFMIOP/KFMIRL in ME7?

Is it possible this table and/or its data types are not defined correctly, or am I missing a limiter or compliment somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Advanced Tuner
    What box code? 8V0906259H is missing a key "max reference indicated torque" table, you might be hitting this one. This is 39938 in 8v0906259K software and is defined correctly.

Is Indicated Reference Engine Torque ETC Monitor 29541 maxed out? This is a common one that will trip EPC light for exceeding torque limits.

Could be a number of other things, would be easier if you shared the tune file and had more specific DTC/code info. I'm not sure if HPT displays the "full info" for DTCs though. For example, P0606 can be something like 20 different conditions-- the ecu reports the extra info, but I don't think VCM scanner displays it. But I could be wrong, maybe it does with a more recent update.

Tuner in Training
    Aaron! How are you doing? Hey so this is the K box you sent me a while ago. 39938 is the table that causes the 0x78E P060C issue... And I think 29541 is what I was looking for! No idea how I missed it.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 12.09.00 AM.png

Appreciate the info as always!

Advanced Tuner
    You can safely max out both the 39938 and 29541 tables. Happy to help!