Thread: 6.4 powerstroke no crank

Potential Tuner

6.4 powerstroke no crank

I flashed this truck with a tune file. Everything worked normal. After the flash it started up no dtc's after a few start ups I went to start the truck and it wouldn?t crank. The ecm has no codes it showing. The pats light flashes 4 times slowly. I?ve tried flashing it back to stock, unhooking the battery cables and everything else I can find on google but the pats light keeps flashing at me. It will start if I jump the wire on the passenger side to the battery but won?t start with just the key. Anyone have any ideas to help me out?

Tuner in Training
    Pats has locked you out. I dont know alot about it though. Is it possible to reflash with pats turned off in tune? What about forscan any codes on forscan sometimes codes dont show on obd2 but show on forscan.

Potential Tuner
    I did try flashing the tune again with pats disabled and it didn?t change anything

Tuner in Training
    Its not recognizing key. Have a spare? If not forscan or ids is only way to know what is going on.

Banned
    Is the truck deleted?

Potential Tuner
    Only have one key unfortunately and I will have a device coming in tomorrow to use forescan.

Potential Tuner
    Yes

Tuner in Training
    Oooo good call, if my memory serves me correct if its deleted but the tune is not it will only start 1 time?

Banned
    the reason it wont start is because its reading the temp sensor as an open circuit and thinks the exhaust is 1500 degrees. you have to either buy a tune from someone or shut off the scr and def using xdf and user defined parameters. you cant just kill the codes, doesnt work that way.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    the reason it wont start is because its reading the temp sensor as an open circuit and thinks the exhaust is 1500 degrees. you have to either buy a tune from someone or shut off the scr and def using xdf and user defined parameters. you cant just kill the codes, doesnt work that way.
    Well I appreciate the information some of that?s over my head and I?m in a time crunch needing the truck to be driving so I just went through your link and bought a tune.

If you need it to start you can put the key in and turn it to the on position, then manually power the starter to get it to crank. It should fire up.