Thread: 2013 Impala Secondary Air

Potential Tuner

2013 Impala Secondary Air

I am still a newbie to HP tuners but have used on a few vehicles now. Currently have a 2013 Impala that had secondary air injection. Engine blew, got replacement engine but did not have SAI. Installed and blocked off SAI hoses and pump and figured I could turn it off with HP tuners. Unfortunately, when you go to engine on VCM editer, all of the SAI codes are in grey so that I cannot edit these. I cannot find a SAI engine anywhere near me in NC as these were CA emissions cars. What am I missing on HPtuners that is not allowing me to turn off SAI codes?

Any help appreciated.

May just need to create a service ticket and ask HPTuners to look into this, maybe they can unlock for you. Not everything is available for every ECU but they can enable/find stuff on a case-by-case basis.

Senior Tuner
    You may have to get someone with an older version of the software to turn off the codes. I would guess that those are ones that are to close to emissions codes that the newer versions can't access. But I'm just guessing, don't know for sure.

Potential Tuner
    I got it figured out. I had to take the educational program on HP tuners and then update my scanner. Now I am able to do what I need.