Thread: Increase throttle response help

Tuner in Training

Increase throttle response help

Have a 2013 silverado 5.3. I'm trying to increase throttle response. I can not find the table I need to do so. Me searching online shows I should have a driver demand table but I don't. Only thing I can find is desired throttle are but have read not to change it. Can't find on the forum here but I'm probably not searching the right words. Sorry and thanks for the help.

Senior Tuner
    You can adjust that table a little bit.

An after market throttle controller will do a good job.

Tuner in Training
    Hmm. Sucks that you would have to buy a pedal commander when really we should be able to do that with hp tuners. Oh well. Thanks for the help.

Senior Tuner
    By all means try in the tune first, it can make a difference. Just don't go to crazy, bring it up a little at a time. They're are many comments on it going into REP mode when you've gone to far.

But if you want the throttle to respond like a CR250 with a big carb and pipe a throttle controller is for you

Advanced Tuner
    If your OS has it, table [ECM] 33020 Throttle Area Increase Rate could help. I set all cells to 100%

Tuner
    My heavy truck throttle is set to be very touchy as that is how I like to drive. I adjusted my tables for this and 100 percent throttle is at about half pedal. I had a pedal commander from first month that I owned the truck and it took it from being depressingly slow off the line to driving more like a normal car. Later I got HP Tuners and now it is just how I imagine it but I can easily make it drivable for my wife by just changing the pedal commander settings. Works well for such a situation, otherwise, if you spend enough time with it you can probably duplicate the pedal commander feel with just table modifications. I think doing both is great because you can fine tune the throttle feel easily this way. I know it cost me around 250 but I would do it again if I had to, no regrets.
    2017 Silverado 3500HD WT 6.0 flex fuel 6L90 6800lbs E78 T43

--- What am I doing??? Why did I do that??? ---