Thread: 8L90 with converter just stops

Potential Tuner

8L90 with converter just stops

Made a couple passes in my procharged 2016 Camaro last night and after the last pass coming into the pits it was like it just went into neutral. Shut it down and refired hoping it was just a glitch, drove good for about a minute then back to nothing.

Now everytime I start it have a minute maybe 2 then it is just like being in neutral. I can go back to park then into a drive gear and rpms do not change and I can feel nothing.

Fluid is dirty but not burnt and it was just a tad over full. Car does have a Circle D converter. There were no noise or any indication from the log on the last pass that any thing was wrong, even have a pretty good trap speed at 136.5.

What settings should I enable on HPtuners that can help me track down this issue? Was originally thinking it was a burnt converter, but the way it just goes to doing nothing like a switch has been flipped makes me think it might be electrical.

Attaching 2 logs one is what it does now very short drive until fail. The other is the last pass before.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Something came apart, your filter is plugging up after a few minutes because of the pump suctions compacting the contamination into the filter media. When you shut it off, the particles relax with no suctions, and then it works again for a little bit. Unfortunately it needs to come out be gone through.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TransGo Robert View Post
    Something came apart, your filter is plugging up after a few minutes because of the pump suctions compacting the contamination into the filter media. When you shut it off, the particles relax with no suctions, and then it works again for a little bit. Unfortunately it needs to come out be gone through.
    I agree. Ive seen this quite often. At minimum drop pan and look around.

Thanks for the tip. Common sense that just isn't thought of until someone points it out. I'll remember this one.

Potential Tuner
    That is what I am thinking as well. Looking to drop the pan and see if there is any debris. Will open up the filter as well. Might be rebuild time.