Thread: 2016 F150 3.5 ecoboost powermax turbo Need help

Potential Tuner

2016 F150 3.5 ecoboost powermax turbo Need help

been sucking at tuning this truck. coming from tuning hondas prior im having trouble with this truck
    mods
    powermax turbos with high flow adaptors
    full race manifolds
    stainless works catted y pipe
    full exhaust
    turbosmart BOV

i can get it to have lots of power on the hit but boost falls off and flattens out.

8-23-2023 smooth out more tq Popcorn lambda changed.hpt8-23-2023 smooth out more tq Popcorn lambda changed.hpt
    Last edited by tjmille; 08-22-2023 at 08:43 PM.

Need a log. I suspect you need to increase your LSPI hi. Pretty rich too at .75 lambda

Potential Tuner
    Here is a LOG FILE and updated tune. im still getting only 30 percent throttle at just about full throttle. i cant seem to find the wall im hitting, also in vcm i cant seem to find the right channels ether

New tune 9-11 plus video current.hptupdated log file 9-11.hpl

Potential Tuner
    anyupdates? about to use same turbos, curious what youve found

Increase LSPI HI only. Leave LSPI nominal and low stock. Only add in the 100 and 120 rows 2500 rpm up. Add .1 or .15 at a time until desired boost is reached. You are commanding stock boost levels. Adding to nominal and low will increase boost when lower octane fuels are used. Don't do that. As long as your OAR is -1 boost will remain the same could also be +1 depending on year. If when knock occurs OAR is reduced as well as reducing max boost levels. Also add more to your channels such as all the sources, (fuel, spark, torque, torque max). This is how you figure out what limiter needs to be changed when you hit one. add OAR too.

Advanced Tuner
    Edit - wrong thread

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the help i updated alot of things and the vcm scanner with more information.. seems to be hitting turbo limits also injector limits.

log 3 more driver demand.hpl93 octane correct 10 percent TQ go to.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Anyone has done the tuning for PowerMax turbo here?
    Euro tuner, turbocharger supplier.