Thread: anyone run into this before? 2009 SRT 6.1 with mods

Tuner in Training

anyone run into this before? 2009 SRT 6.1 with mods

Have 09 SRT Challenger, 6.1, rods, pistons, cammed up, Vortech blower, car runs absolutely great, LT/ST trims are under + or_5% 99% of the time, but after it sits a bit you start it and it's surging and trims head hard north within seconds, it stumbles hard with any throttle input, no codes. Shut it off and restart and cars perfect again, every time hot or cold. It's the same scenario every time it acts up whether it's sat for 5 minutes or 5 hours and not it's every time it's started, but you know right away when it acts up. I can post file and data logs if needed, thanks for the input, really starting to be a head scratcher for me on this one.

Take this with a grain of salt, 09’s have some odd quirks , yes I’ve seen it a few times with Mr Norm’s challengers, one had been “fixed” by a tuner that lurks here but hasn’t posted since 2020, the other was “fixed” by a tuner who flys a a lot, both cars went back to acting up within a month of the new tune.
    Had an 09 ram with a 4.5l whipple get all psycho, that truck would do it when our local area barometer dropped below 14.7( been while might of been 14.8) shut it off , start it up and it was a tame as a kitty. My thoughts are this, the original parameters pop up, shut it off and the new parameters are present, I have never heard of 2011+ doing it.

The one challenger would surge so bad in gear that it would turn the rear tires one to two revolutions.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Tuner in Training
    I can drive it for days and it's perfect, am data logging every pid I can think to, give it to customer and within hours it's acting up again. And yes I have also seen much mentioned about the '09 being a quirky bitch, definitely a head scratcher.