Thread: Rich on cold start

Advanced Tuner

Rich on cold start

its a 2019 camaro, it has a 416ci stroker 10:1 comp, tsp stage 2 cams with the big fuel lobe, LT4 supercharger and stock throttle.

The car starts very rich (black smoke visible on startup) and sometimes it will sound like misfiring, but after its hot fuel trims stay within +-%5 on idle, how do i fix this without skewing my VVE or MAF tables, and how do i get rid of the catalytic heating procedure on startup?

tune13 dynostroker final 705whp 733lbft.hpt

Tuning Addict
    You need to post a log with a wideband. Your tuner should have taken care of the heat procedure - do a write entire with this one. Multiple tables play into the rest... You're still going to see rich/lean swings after startup from O2 test, but this should be better.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    You need to post a log with a wideband. Your tuner should have taken care of the heat procedure - do a write entire with this one. Multiple tables play into the rest... You're still going to see rich/lean swings after startup from O2 test, but this should be better.
    Thank you, i tuned it myself from stock to this point, having it idle consistently, on positive timing and not have it stall on decel has been a challenge, most of my questions had alredy been answered before so a quick search sufficed, but when searching for this one i had nothing.

EDIT:

Sorry to ask, but what did you do, when i try to compare it there are no noticeable changes?
    Last edited by mJolnir; 08-24-2023 at 04:27 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Background tables. You have to do a write entire.

Advanced Tuner
    Background tables. You have to do a write entire.
    maybe you could point me to where i could learn about this?

Tuning Addict
    Email me is probably best. I can tell you where to get the software and who else to talk to from there

Advanced Tuner
    Email me is probably best. I can tell you where to get the software and who else to talk to from there
    sent you a DM