Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Envoy Denali 5.3l guidance

Senior Tuner
    Just stating a fact of operation. And I thought you had me on ignore anyway. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by danmw2003 View Post
    Oh no, dont get me wrong here. I dont agree with doing anything half-assed. I'm a rookie at tuning so I didnt know. If the right way, is to turn them off, then thats how it should be done. I was just simply curious what issue might arise by leaving them enabled. I will need to go through and disable them.
    I was responding to the post below yours. Even though he is on my ignore list I for some reason hit the temporary override 'view post' thing and then figured, in for a penny in for a pound, might as well reply...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I was responding to the post below yours. Even though he is on my ignore list I for some reason hit the temporary override 'view post' thing and then figured, in for a penny in for a pound, might as well reply...
    lol thats ok, I only felt like an idiot for a minute haha

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by danmw2003 View Post
    Interesting... I only disabled the DoD in the editor. I did not disable any codes, haven't had an issue. Is there an underlying issue caused by not disabling the DoD fault codes? Its passed all its emission readiness tests, so I can only assume just disabling the DoD in the calibration is all thats needed. I'm a rookie though, so I dont know, what I dont know lol
    And I was responding to your question. As you said you just disabled the master switch and had no issues because that is the way it works. I guess the other guy didn't take his meds this morning and had to give his usual smart ass reply. You can disable the codes or not disable the codes. It is not half assed and makes no difference at all.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    The two files I posted are your file with changes copied over. You can flash them as-is if you want to, only 'write calibration' needed (no OS changes were made).
    I gave the tune a shot, my truck did not like the shifting...at all...lol... so I just copied over engine tune itself and disabled the codes, I will test that out on my next days off thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by madman202020 View Post
    I gave the tune a shot, my truck did not like the shifting...at all...lol... so I just copied over engine tune itself and disabled the codes, I will test that out on my next days off thank you again
    Well that's weird. On mine, the trans changes are almost better than the free 80 or so ft-lbs it picked up with the engine changes.

With the stock trans tune mine would take an awful long time to complete the 1-2, with a textbook 'double bump' thrown in for good measure.