Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AEM UEGO Wideband math parameters for MPVI3

Tuner

AEM UEGO Wideband math parameters for MPVI3

Which way do I set up the math parameters for the MPVI3 and AEM UEGO Gauge when there are 8 different WB EQ error ratios to choose from when setting up the channel, and some tuners use setups that are a copy and paste from the math parameters in tools. any help is appreciated.

I think what your asking is how to set up a graph with EQ error? MAF? VE? What vehicle? Going to need more info if you want any help. Also, plenty of step by steps on YouTube to get started with basic tuning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IoWmLEmlvE

Tuner
    Let me check out the youtube video you shared and I will see if it works. I have tried multiple times to get the EQ, MAF, an VE set up, and watched the same videos multiple times making sure I used the correct math. I did get the MAF to show when I did a scan but it showed the values maxed out at 100. The only thing I have found different from my path parameters and say.... GRG's is I have multiple options. These are all of the menus I have found that all have the same option: External Inputs/ Serial port/ AEM-EQ Ratio,
    Oxy Sensor/ EQ ratio, Maths/Lambda & AFR/EQ Ratio Error. Also when I use the tools pulldown menu to copy and paste from the math parameters. I assumed that it doesn't matter where the math comes from if its all the same but it isn't working for me. The vehicle is a 99 silverado, 5.3, 4l60e cam, headers, ported heads.

Post a log and tune. Make sure you at least log the PID's in this screenshot. This is from a gen 4 so not all but most of the same PID's carry over
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    Here are the scan and current tune. The MAF as you can see by the scan didn't read at all and my wideband disappeared as soon as I started the scan. I set up the scanner so it is the same layout that you shared so it will be easier to navigate.

A few things, first log the basic essentials as well (RPM, ECT, Speed, IAT, and so on). Also your logging B1S2 which I imagine is now non-existent with headers? Log B2S1 instead. Are you trying to tune this is closed or open loop?

Tuner
    I am working through some of the things you have mentioned. I have an update. I followed a different GRG setup using the AFR error math and I'm now getting a reading for the MAF. However the reading is -100.00. attached is the latest scan. I am also doing all of this in open loop. I have the LTFT disabled.

You need to have your wideband logged if your tuning in open loop otherwise your math will never work. I didn't look at your tune yet but my charts using STFT+LTFT had accurate values so your still in closed loop. Either Disable your O2's or use the special functions in the scanner to force open loop for your logs. Is your wideband in analog or serial?

Tuner
    That is my problem with the wideband. My gauge is reading, but I can't figure out why it isn't registering in the scanner. I have followed all of the steps done on GRG and double and triple checked it. My LTFT aren't reading in the scanner which I used as verification that I had closed loop disabled. I have the wideband connected using the red wire which I believe is for analog. I haven't done anything else other than taking the gauge out of the box and connecting it to the prolink so I could get started on tuning the MAF. I was thinking maybe it could be I needed to set up the math in Lambda, but I set up all of my channels.
    Last edited by 400Horses; 08-27-2023 at 08:36 PM. Reason: needed to add info

Senior Tuner
    Which gauge do you have or do you just have a wide band sensor? I just checked the manual for the 30-0300 and there are two different red wires, neither for the analog signal. One red is positive power to the gauge the other is the current pump from the o2 sensor to the gauge.

Tuner
    I have the 30-0300 UEGO Gauge with 4.9 wideband sensor. I have the hot and ground going to a fuse panel on left side of dash and the Red wire is going to the prolink which plugs into the front of the MPVI3. My wideband gauge is reading properly. Idle is lean but the tune richens up on acceleration. The directions for installation said either the red or blue wires could be used to connect to HPT. I of coarse went with the 1st option because it was listed as the #1 wire and blue being #2. I didn't do anything with calibrating the AEM gauge because it is working straight out of the box. I let the sensor heat up before I start the truck and mechanically everything is right. I just can't figure out what I'm missing in the scanner that isn't allowing the MAF readings to populate correctly when I run the scan. I have tried MAF err, AFR err, and EQ error math parameters and none of them have worked correctly up to this point. I assumed when I hooked everything up that I could select the proper AEM wideband when setting up the tables and add the MAF err and recommended math parameters that every video I have watched suggested and still nothing.

The blue wire is the one you want to your prolink

Tuner
    I will swap the blue for the red this afternoon and see if it changes anything. I'm assuming keep the math parameters the same as before?

Yes for now

Tuner
    I swapped to the blue wire. I checked the math. I still get nothing. I watched the GRG setup video again. All I am getting is -100.00 in the graph. What am I doing wrong? instead of using the AEM channel should I use the MPVI2 A/D Blue? Because the AEM UEGO channel has the 8 different WB EQ ratios and you can see what might be different between them.
    Last edited by 400Horses; 08-28-2023 at 06:13 PM. Reason: more info

Tuner
    I have figured out the problem with the scanner. I had to make a channel using HPVI2.2 -> AEM 30-(03x0,2340,51300. Now I have to figure out how to make the adjustments now.
    Last edited by 400Horses; 08-28-2023 at 09:30 PM.

If you copy and paste the "EQ Ratio Error" math into a user math equation you can click the sensor number and define a new variable. Then use your new wideband channel that works as the variable. Normally you won't have to but worth a shot

Tuner
    I have already made a couple of scans and trying to adjust the MAF tables, but not really seeing any change. Is there anything that could prevent my adjustments from working? I have LTFT/STFT off and all of the associated tables adjusted out. The scanner is still showing extremely high readings. One thing I did do is adjust the HZ frequency up from 0 to 5.

Post your tune and a log

Tuner
    These are the latest on tune and scan. I did look into my VE primary and need to go up on it to take care of my lean reading on the wideband. I'm a little hesitant on making big changes because the original motor hydro locked number 5 with gas and broke the rod right after we got it put together.