Thread: Drivers won't install in Win10 laptop.

Drivers won't install in Win10 laptop.(resolved)

I am trying to install the my MPVI software into a new laptop with win10 and for some reason the drivers will not install or the laptop will not recognize them. I am currently using an older laptop with Win 7 and have never had any issues with.
    I tried installing software and drivers in my wife's Win10 laptop and it worked perfectly fine. What am I missing with my laptop? Suggestions?
    Last edited by niceguy; 08-30-2023 at 11:18 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    I am trying to install the my MPVI software into a new laptop with win10 and for some reason the drivers will not install or the laptop will not recognize them. I am currently using an older laptop with Win 7 and have never had any issues with.
    I tried installing software and drivers in my wife's Win10 laptop and it worked perfectly fine. What am I missing with my laptop? Suggestions?
    I believe you have to disable the security in the windows, I had to do this on my wife's computer. I have windows 11 I believe with no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed and Show View Post
    I believe you have to disable the security in the windows, I had to do this on my wife's computer. I have windows 11 I believe with no issue.
    I had already tried doing that. I disabled real time protection from the Win security settings and still it won't let me install the drivers.
    I go to device manager and click on update driver and it won't install even if I select folder where drivers are located.

You might try right clicking the install program and selecting "Run as Administrator". I have found that this will allow complete installation on many programs automotive related including when I have to reset the 30 day clock on my Tech2Win.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    You might try right clicking the install program and selecting "Run as Administrator". I have found that this will allow complete installation on many programs automotive related including when I have to reset the 30 day clock on my Tech2Win.
    This didn't work either.
    Any other suggestions?

What VCM software version? What MPVI device? Is Win 10 updated? What version of Win10? Pro, Home, etc. Have you loaded the VCM software successfully before trying the drivers?

Sorry if I missed any of this so point me to answers if they've already been answered.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Problem has been resolved.
    I am blind as a bat and I was not wearing my reading glasses. As a result, I was failing to unzip one of the driver folders. The moment I unzipped it and selected the path again, they installed and got it to work.