Thread: Can I upload a partial file?

Potential Tuner

Question Can I upload a partial file?

I have been told that I can upload a small change I've made by only uploading that small change instead of the entire tune.

Before I try that can someone walk me through how to? If in fact I can do that. Or point me to a how to.

Thanks.

Eric

Never heard of that, not the way you describe it. There's ways to clip out a section from a log file, and there are ways to read the vehicle where you select only one of 2 or 3 modules (ECM only, skip TCM etc.), but not a partial selection from a file that already exists.

Senior Tuner
    Probably talking about uploading calibration instead of writing entire. I have no idea if that is available across all platforms though.

Potential Tuner
    I've just done the one little change (& it worked to get the knock out) but when I did upload the new tune if I saw correctly there was a choice for (I don't remember exactly what the choices were named) "File" or "Entire File" or something like that. So it looked to me like the tuner recognized or gave me a choice to upload the entire file or just implement the changes. I might be entirely wrong on this but it only took seconds to complete so I'm thinking it only made the small change & didn't overwrite the entire tune. ��

The reason I asked the question was the veteran tuner that helped me said to "just upload the partial file." or something like that so I think that's what he was referring to.

Sorry for being the noob I am. ��

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Eric View Post
    I've just done the one little change (& it worked to get the knock out) but when I did upload the new tune if I saw correctly there was a choice for (I don't remember exactly what the choices were named) "File" or "Entire File" or something like that. So it looked to me like the tuner recognized or gave me a choice to upload the entire file or just implement the changes. I might be entirely wrong on this but it only took seconds to complete so I'm thinking it only made the small change & didn't overwrite the entire tune. ��

The reason I asked the question was the veteran tuner that helped me said to "just upload the partial file." or something like that so I think that's what he was referring to.

Sorry for being the noob I am. ��
    They were probably referring the write calibration only vs write entire.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"