Thread: 2015 Tacoma, speedo calibration

2015 Tacoma, speedo calibration

Hey guys, what am i missing, no matter what info i put in for speedo calibration, my speedo is always 3mph off

Any Toyota Tacoma Tuners out there had this issue? Not matter what info I enter in speedo calibration the speedo reads slow... Is there something I am missing??

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by desertfab racing View Post
    Any Toyota Tacoma Tuners out there had this issue? Not matter what info I enter in speedo calibration the speedo reads slow... Is there something I am missing??
    i believe with hp tuners the speedo calibration is for automatic trans shift points only.

Potential Tuner
    I had the same problem. the trans output channel is correct. i contacted HP on a ticket and they verified that the speedo is taken using the wheel sensors(ABS Trac con) and not the engine management. i eventually just took the bezel off the dash gauges removed the needle and placed it 3mph slower(reindexed)it. using GPS it is accurate at 60 MPH that's all I need for the purpose of slowing when police cruisers
    are passed.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory vlad View Post
    I had the same problem. the trans output channel is correct. i contacted HP on a ticket and they verified that the speedo is taken using the wheel sensors(ABS Trac con) and not the engine management. i eventually just took the bezel off the dash gauges removed the needle and placed it 3mph slower(reindexed)it. using GPS it is accurate at 60 MPH that's all I need for the purpose of slowing when police cruisers
    are passed.suika game
    Did you solve the problem?
    Last edited by Ressill; 02-23-2024 at 07:22 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Oddballs, on all cars the speedometer shows about 5% higher than the actual speed