Thread: 03 Silverado 5.3 76mm deka 80s 4l60e cobalt ss map sensor tuning questions??

Potential Tuner

03 Silverado 5.3 76mm deka 80s 4l60e cobalt ss map sensor tuning questions??

Stock 5.3, On 3 76mm, deka 80s, 2 bar Cobalt map, 450 Walbro

I'm new to tuning, not looking for a handout.. just to be pointed in the right direction

The truck was starting and idling fine until I installed the injectors obviously.. I found a tune for a 03 Silverado on the sloppy wiki that is running deka 80s, a 6.0L, and an 80e with a 3 bar OS @ 14psi. I wrote this tune to my truck before noticing it was a 6.0L. I already swapped over all the info for a 4l60 before writing it, is it possible to just change the 6.0 to a 5.3 and cylinder volume number in the general tab and this tune run the truck enough to move around the shop?

He is running a 3 bar efi source map sensor and a 3 bar OS, can I calibrate my map settings to work up to 2 bar on a 3bar OS or do I absolutely need a 3 bar sensor?

I believe I attached a copy of the sloppy tune I'm referring to.. If i did that wrong let me know how to correct that

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

-Nate
    Last edited by Nate Mell; 08-31-2023 at 06:43 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    You should never write other random tunes to your own computer.

Write your original tune back. Then copy ONLY the required injector data you want from the sloppy file, assuming you trust that it is actually correct. Then tune as normal.

Potential Tuner
    Copy that, I?ll try that then report back. Could you answer the ??s in the post I?m asking because I genuinely don?t know the answers..

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    You did ask to be pointed in the right direction. Writing other files like that is usually done with elaborate swaps, auto to/from manual, and builds that should probably be on a standalone. Your details do not indicate any of those.

Changing the cylinder volume in the tune file is possible. No idea if it will run though.

You would need to use your 2bar MAP settings in the sloppy file.

Senior Tuner
    Yeah agree.. Never use someone else tune. I'll look though other tunes while trying to help on this board. 9/10 are pure shit shows that should be re-done from the ground up.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Yeah agree.. Never use someone else tune. I'll look though other tunes while trying to help on this board. 9/10 are pure shit shows that should be re-done from the ground up.
    He speaks the truth. Start with your stock file if possible, always!
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Potential Tuner
    I appreciate the guidance, I'm going to re work my tune with the injector data for the deka 80's out of the sloppy tune and see where I'm at after that after work. The truck did fire up and run fine with the ss cobalt map on my stock tune. other than calibrating the settings to (200 - 8) for the map what else needs to be done for the 2 bar map to read properly??

Also I'm running a 2 bar OS, does the MAF have to be failed in the tune after the OS swap or does it automatically do it with the 2 bar OS? If it does not what would I need to do there...

Thanks a lot guys!

Senior Tuner

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Great info here SiriusC1024.. Anyone who finds themselves looking for deka 80 inj data it is in the link. You can copy and paste everything in.

Rock auto sold me a stock gm map sensor not a 2 bar sensor... (that was causing 98% of my issue)

Thanks for the help!

Senior Tuner