Thread: 08 g8 gt with 6l80 from 2014 ppv

Potential Tuner

08 g8 gt with 6l80 from 2014 ppv

I brought a bad 6l80 from a 14 caprice (tag 4cpa) had it rebuilt installed and now it won?t shift or go into manual mode. Was wondering if hpt could help with this issue.

If the TCM is different, that could be a reason why. The current calibration wouldn't be programmed for that TCM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    2014 tcm os is not compatible with an early 08 ecu os. your gonna need to swap the techm.

Potential Tuner
    Is that my only option? Am I able to get it reprogrammed at the dealership or something?

Advanced Tuner
    Both the TEHCM and the valve body are different and incompatible with a 2008. You will need to swap those two to make it work.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 08g8gtrentdgaf View Post
    Is that my only option? Am I able to get it reprogrammed at the dealership or something?
    I've been able to write entire T43's with no issue. Others have commented they've been able to do the same. This is not the case with any ECM. But the TCM's seem to work OK like that.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I've been able to write entire T43's with no issue. Others have commented they've been able to do the same. This is not the case with any ECM. But the TCM's seem to work OK like that.
    Could you possibly walk me thru the steps? I’m new to this and still learning. Anything I need to change?

Senior Tuner
    It's as simple as opening a file that you want.. and flashing. You can choose to skip the ECM but choose WRITE ENTIRE for TCM

This is assuming the TCM/valve body is the same. I'm not sure about that but I'm reading a post above that makes me question that they might be different.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Went to have it reprogrammed and it thru 2 codes e2907 and e4398. At this point I’m a scrap the car

I'll bring my trailer by.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.