Thread: 2014 dodge ram 5.7l mds delete shifting weird now

Potential Tuner

Question 2014 dodge ram 5.7l mds delete shifting weird now

customer states truck is shifting weird. have not seen vehicle yet after tuning the mds out. another shop did the delete i just turned off mds. 1st dodge i have done this on is there anything i screwed up or something i didnt turn off i was suppose to?

I don’t see how it could be the tune. The mds delete is pretty straight forward. We do a lot of deletes on gm and Chryslers and do delete tunes for some other shops. Every time there is a problem like this it’s a bad coil, coil connector, injector connector, spark plug, vacuum leak, out of time, or a sensor or sensor connector. Most of the time when we have a problem it’s a misfire. Run the codes then check for a misfire.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cardoctor27 View Post
    I don?t see how it could be the tune. The mds delete is pretty straight forward. We do a lot of deletes on gm and Chryslers and do delete tunes for some other shops. Every time there is a problem like this it?s a bad coil, coil connector, injector connector, spark plug, vacuum leak, out of time, or a sensor or sensor connector. Most of the time when we have a problem it?s a misfire. Run the codes then check for a misfire.
    The shop said the customer is having a shifting problem. as it shifts from 1st to 2nd she has to take her foot off the throttle to get it to shift if not it stays in gear and rpms just go up. i did notice when i was at said shop he was trying to pull it into the shop and it would move a couple feet and what looked like go into neutral. i believe its something wrong with the transmission. not me disabling the mds on it