Thread: datalogging wideband via scanner

Potential Tuner

datalogging wideband via scanner

hey guys, long time listener, first time poster, i've got an mpvi2, non pro feature unit. working on a 98 suburban with an lq9, utilizing a red/blue harness. i'm making the attempt to hook up my wideband and datalog via the scanner.. i believe im working with an AEM 35-8460 unit, using the analog output to the pin 55(blue) egr signal. i've got the gauge hooked up in the truck, all wires ran, o2 sensor not installed until later tonight.

but I seem to be struggling on finding a reliable source of information on how to add my math parameters, and to actually get the AFR gauge to display in my scanner. my intention is to get to tuning the maf, then speed density, and hoping to clean up the driveability as it's my daily driver.

98 suburban
    6.0 lq9
    706 heads
    summit 8707-r1 camshaft
    stock gmt800 manifolds
    2.5 inch ypipe into a flowmaster super 10, out to factory tailpipe.

Goat rope garage on YouTube has videos on how to set up basic math and charts. There's also a ton of threads on here about getting your wideband setup. Are you logging via analog or serial?

Potential Tuner
    I believe I'm using the analog signal, as I'm tapped into the white wire from the gauge.

Assuming your wiring is correct, just add your EGR PID and your wideband data should populate there. I've personally never wired them that way but I believe the PID is "EGR Advance"? Don't quote me on that one

Senior Tuner
    I would guess the analog signal for that gauge is the same as other AEM gauges and is a 0 to 5 volt signal. You will need to add a math function to convert it over to lambda or AFR. I didn’t see a manual for that gauge to see what the range of voltages to AFR to calculate the math function. It maybe (probably?) the same as the newer gauges.