Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone have a minute to give input?

anyone have a minute to give input?

hey all. just looking to see if I am in danger of doing any damage with current tune. I have not tuned any parameters of this truck besides the vats delete and 4l80 segment swap, everything else has been done by a hired tuner. I am happy with them so far. Like anyone else putting a truck together for a couple years I'm eager to enjoy it for the last couple weeks of good weather here up north. its a 5.3, dekka 80s, walbro 450, tss stage 2 boost cam. seems to start and idle nice, just pops under boost and has no power, not even the equivalent of the stock numbers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That hired tuner is can't be very good if it don't run that well where it's suppose to.

What fuel pressure are you running and what type of fuel system is it? Just slapping 80lb/hr in the flow rate table is probably not correct. Plus the rest of the injector data needs to be correct. Something is clearly off if the VE table has such huge numbers in it with those sized injectors.

What MAP sensor is that? I've never see MAP sensor data like that before.

I can't view the data logs but do you own a wideband? Because you need one.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

That's horrible.

thanks for taking the time anyhow, haha. yes there is an aem wideband with the prolink. I bought that 3 bar map from efi source and it fits the truck style intake with no mods. my fuel pressure at idle is 58ish, and its just premium pump gas. is there a way to moniter fuel pressure during a run using hp tuners without added sensors? again, I appreciate the input even if its not positive.

is the problem on my end why you cant view the log?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dooglestien View Post
    is the problem on my end why you cant view the log?
    No, he's just being an old person trying to cope with technology. He wants to keep version without the EPA stuff that can't open files logged from the current version. I've told him about running the new version in VirtualBox, but instead he prefers to tell people what he told you about 3 times per week.

I do know that the injector data isn't correct. Take a look here. Deka 80's at post #26:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ata-Repository

It's also possible to install the latest Beta alongside the existing old VCM Suite, and then set Windows to open log files in the Beta scanner but tune files in the old editor.

Senior Tuner
    Even better.

my mental health is really compromised here. haha. I am no tuner but bringing up the chart for dekka 80s in concerning. it appears that the flow rates should be different for varying manifold pressure? I am so far out of my lane here. what is my next move? Im sure this is not an uncommon combination of parts. If there is anyone out there with a similar combo would it be an idea to try their tune? Should I be looking elsewhere for a remote tuner even if the one I have isn't "done"?

I am a curmudgeon.

Eventually I will get around to it.

Doesn't EFI source say the data was 305/10.33? Not sure how you got 350/-11.25.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I am a curmudgeon.

Eventually I will get around to it.

Doesn't EFI source say the data was 305/10.33? Not sure how you got 350/-11.25.
    again.. I didnt tune ANY of the parameters beside the 4l80e segment swap, and the vats delete. I am in no way a tuner. this is why I reached out for help to a proffesional tuner. we did a remote session for about an hour or so, a few provisions later this is what I have. I just want the truck to run proper, and im not against looking elsewhere for that result.

as I go to efisource site though I can see you are correct.

Normally you would get warned that changing either MAP settings or injector data would mean starting over from scratch with the VE table, but that thing's already so far from anything even slightly resembling reality it needs starting over from scratch all on its own.

If you have a returnless fuel system (no vacuum reference hose from manifold to regulator) then the data is sloped in both the Flow Rate and Offset vs Volts vs VAC tables. If there's a vacuum line going to the regulator, those tables use the 0 kPa VAC column all the way across, since the vacuum reference always keeps the pressure across the injector the same (more vacuum = less fuel pressure, less vacuum = more fuel pressure).

Senior Tuner
    The 0.5 lambda at boost isn't helping things. What spark plug gap?

Here's a touchup. It really needs a full tune, but this might help. If you want to run this real quick and get a 5 min log I'll make corrections for you.

Confirm MAP sensor is correct in the tune please.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 09-04-2023 at 05:17 PM.

[QUOTE=SiriusC1024;745599]The 0.5 lambda at boost isn't helping things. What spark plug gap?

Here's a touchup. It really needs a full tune, but this might help. If you want to run this real quick and get a 5 min log I'll make corrections for you.

Confirm MAP sensor is correct in the tune please.[/QUOTE

I am pumped, just got home and going to try this. plugs are gapped to .26 iirc, rings were all gapped to when we had it apart. the fuel rail is stock with vaccuum referenced regulator. will confirm map sensor in tune.

the map sensor as indicated by 5fdp is 305/10.33 on efi source website. my tune has it set to 350/-11.25, should i input the correct values before loading it? is the negative in front of the -11.25 necessary infront of the 10.33 aswell? something tells me no.

-10.33 is very different from 10.33.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dooglestien View Post
    the map sensor as indicated by 5fdp is 305/10.33 on efi source website. my tune has it set to 350/-11.25, should i input the correct values before loading it? is the negative in front of the -11.25 necessary infront of the 10.33 aswell? something tells me no.
    Set it right in the tune.

Here's what I got. still sputters and falls right off as soon as the boost gauge crests zero to 2 psi.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Is that a log of the tune with the correct MAP sensor characteristics?