Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone have a minute to give input?

I'm curious what his key on engine off MAP kpa reading is. If he it at seal level it should be right at 100ish. Not like 105-110 or whatever.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

All I did was take the numbers from efi source website and put them in as they read on the site, saved the tune and wrote entire. probably just need to write segment I am assuming next time. the truck also has only one 02 sensor just after the turbo. the driver side is grafted into that wire and not operable. closed loop i think its called? worth mentioning I figured.

I am right at sea level, I show zero koeo

Senior Tuner
    Alright here.

I have dinner at the house, I will be in the shop in a half hour and give this one a go

Your KOEO MAP should be reading actual uncorrected baro, which should be around 100-101 kPa for sea level. Please do not even log 'vacuum' in kPa, it will only make this even more confusing for you. MAP reads an absolute pressure, relative to a perfect vacuum (0 kPa MAP is less than what's in the void of interstellar space). If you're logging 'vacuum' that reads zero when equal to normal atmo, or 1 bar, or ~101kPa at sea level.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Alright here.
    sorry man, Spelled your name wrong. well that went really well. finally a smile. I got a few blocks away and figured I should stop and have a look to see if there was any suspicious activity and I have some crankcase pressure. enough to shove the dipstick back a half inch and spray that side of the engine. i know in the diesel world this aint good but im hoping maybe my crankcase vent is plugged or something. truck felt pretty strong and I was nowhere near all in.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Your KOEO MAP should be reading actual uncorrected baro, which should be around 100-101 kPa for sea level. Please do not even log 'vacuum' in kPa, it will only make this even more confusing for you. MAP reads an absolute pressure, relative to a perfect vacuum (0 kPa MAP is less than what's in the void of interstellar space). If you're logging 'vacuum' that reads zero when equal to normal atmo, or 1 bar, or ~101kPa at sea level.
    I apologize mr squirrel. I have no clue on how to correct this. I looked at the map sensor values and was able to switch to a few different ones, I selected psi thinking that will only measure positive pressure. is that helpful? again, I am by no means a tuner and do appreciate the input

It may be an oddity of the 2-bar MAP channel that it doesn't read actual baro at KOEO. Think I have seen that come up before.

Senior Tuner
    There's a problem with the wideband flatlining at 0.5, but I was able to filter that out. I've never logged before it's come up, but it looks like it's from the sensor warmup cycle. Just FYI.

Next log go for a longer drive and get into the throttle a little more. Do a stair-step with the pedal. 1/4 and hold for 5 sec, 1/2 hold. Repeat a bunch of those. Do sets of long span full range pedal movements. Also, a fair amount of normal driving.

Keep an eye on the wideband. If you're coming up on 0.9 lambda in boost let off.

Start logging cylinder airmass (g) and Volumetric Efficiency Airflow (g/s). Remove channels that have to do with the MAF.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 09-05-2023 at 03:23 AM.

hell with work, we had truck shit to do. haha. certainly getting better! I forgot to add the cylinder airmass but have done that now. my son drove the second half so I could command 4th gear (another issue in itself). put some temp breathers in and seems to be breathing fine now. I cannot find the other sensor channel to upload, will keep looking. the afr gauge is switched now to Lambda and it definitely dips below.8 if your into it. seems to be fairly consistent at mid to part throttle over 1.0
    Last edited by dooglestien; 09-05-2023 at 04:48 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Next one. Get into it a little more.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 09-05-2023 at 07:18 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Here use this one. I had a dumbass moment about the injector offset...

I loaded that accidental one in and ran it, haha. didn't see your last post till now. not sure if these logs will be of any use but here they are. Feels pretty strong, seeing about 6psi max on the boost gauge. enough to blow the dipstick out again, I need to put a spring on it. Let me know if I should load up that newest version or if you want to have a look first. I cant thank you enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Yeah I'm going to need you to log the newest version. Shouldn't be much of a change overall, but I'd like to get it right.
    Sounds good I will load it up tommorow and run the truck. Should I try another segment swap on the trans to see if I can get 4th gear working? It engages when I command with vcm scanner, just not by itself.

Senior Tuner
    It doesn't shift into 4th at all or just WOT?

At all. Unless I use the laptop.

Senior Tuner
    Gear ratio and tire size? Aftermarket stall?

30.6" tire, 3:73 ratio stock stall.

Senior Tuner
    Next one.