Thread: Using the tune repository

Tuner

Using the tune repository

I found a stock tune for my car in the tune repository and i am concerned that flashing it to my car will mess something up because obviously the vins on the tune file are not going to match. Is this the case? If so what else could be done? Because i am unable to pull my file off of the car because the previous tune is made with a different software that i do not have access to. I don't mind starting fresh with the tune from scratch, but i am nervous to overwrite the current tune with a file that is matched with a different vin, if that makes any sense

If you can't even read the file off the vehicles PCM, you couldn't write to it in the first place.

You have to have the license for the computer before flashing anything to it. You need to have the PCM flashed with a GM Tool and the correct VIN/OS, then you could start over with HP Tuners.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I would imagine that what you said also translates to ford as well? and so basically there's no way to overwrite the tune without getting a hold of the dealership or the software? and i would imagine the software is unable to be used with the hp tuners device/dongle

What is your car ? we can't help you if we don't know what your trying to tune, but from the sound of it you need to have the ECM flashed back to stock. Then you can buy a MPVI3, the needed credits, and read the car, apply the credits, save the stock tune in at least 3 places. Then tune to your heart's content.