Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6L80 bad slip/flare shifting from 3-4

Tuning Addict
    Just log that math formula like you would the MAF for afr errors or trim errors. Paste special or paste special half Just keep in mind that something mechanically changed on that transmission, so you might want to get it in for warranty if it has any then fix all of this. Otherwise throw some new clutches in and possibly the transgo pro valve body kit for increasing line pressure then correct all of this so it doesn't happen again. Also make sure to correct the iat for it's new location. You should be close using a blower's settings for that.

Guess I should have included this one too. It's for PE/OL editing.

100 * ([50040.71] * (100 * ([50119.238] - [50118.238]) / [50118.238])) - [2311.71]) / [50040.71]

AND again this one is for closed loop

100 * ([50040.71] - [2311.71]) / [2311.71] + ([50114.156] + [50116.156])
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Just log that math formula like you would the MAF for afr errors or trim errors. Paste special or paste special half Just keep in mind that something mechanically changed on that transmission, so you might want to get it in for warranty if it has any then fix all of this. Otherwise throw some new clutches in and possibly the transgo pro valve body kit for increasing line pressure then correct all of this so it doesn't happen again. Also make sure to correct the iat for it's new location. You should be close using a blower's settings for that.

Guess I should have included this one too. It's for PE/OL editing.

100 * ([50040.71] * (100 * ([50119.238] - [50118.238]) / [50118.238])) - [2311.71]) / [50040.71]

AND again this one is for closed loop

100 * ([50040.71] - [2311.71]) / [2311.71] + ([50114.156] + [50116.156])
    Just a little detail but wanted to let you know our TOW&PRO kit does not actually raise line pressure. Those things break parts already with factory pressure. What we do is increase the rate at which line goes up a little and then the main things is we add a boost system to the 2-6 clutch circuit (Patent Pending) and increase the boost to the other two. The end resu lt is the pressure ramps up much more quickly during the shifts, but once the shift is complete you are at normal pressure.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TransGo Robert View Post
    Just a little detail but wanted to let you know our TOW&PRO kit does not actually raise line pressure. Those things break parts already with factory pressure. What we do is increase the rate at which line goes up a little and then the main things is we add a boost system to the 2-6 clutch circuit (Patent Pending) and increase the boost to the other two. The end resu lt is the pressure ramps up much more quickly during the shifts, but once the shift is complete you are at normal pressure.
    Why do they all advertise increased line pressure then? Really thought that was the whole reason for them.

OK, while we're on the subject as it's often said by others on the web, but do these kits do anything for the tcc? This is what I get asked the most on them. I didn't think they did, but the kit is often grouped with tcc items.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Guess I gave the wrong name - does this one raise line pressure or is it just "max pressure" capabilities? It does say it increases hold pressure which should be line pressure and that it changes the pressure curve??? https://transgo.com/product-details/6l80towpro/

Drive. Tow. Race.

The first and only 6L80 performance kit for trucks and performance applications.

With increased max main line pressure as well as a more aggressive pressure curve, this high performance Reprogramming Kit™ includes valve body and pump components calibrated to maintain factory shift feel at light-to-medium throttle with progressively firmer upshifts through WOT.
    Features

• Quick, clean, firm shifts with increased holding capacity
    • Maintains factory shift feel at light to medium throttle with progressively firmer upshifts through WOT
    • Produces faster line rise when adding throttle
    • Patent-pending technology reworks the 2-6, 3-5-R and 4-5-6 clutch regulator and boost valves to produce faster and cleaner shifts with increased holding capacity without any bumps, clangs, bangs or software tuning

Street show-off options with HPtuners or EFI Live (Must be used in conjunction with #6L80-TOW&PRO)

• 1-2 & 2-3 hard-throttle tire chirping shifts
    • Simple computer tuning of shift time tables

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Guess I gave the wrong name - does this one raise line pressure or is it just "max pressure" capabilities? It does say it increases hold pressure which should be line pressure and that it changes the pressure curve??? https://transgo.com/product-details/6l80towpro/

Drive. Tow. Race.

The first and only 6L80 performance kit for trucks and performance applications.

With increased max main line pressure as well as a more aggressive pressure curve, this high performance Reprogramming Kit™ includes valve body and pump components calibrated to maintain factory shift feel at light-to-medium throttle with progressively firmer upshifts through WOT.
    Features

• Quick, clean, firm shifts with increased holding capacity
    • Maintains factory shift feel at light to medium throttle with progressively firmer upshifts through WOT
    • Produces faster line rise when adding throttle
    • Patent-pending technology reworks the 2-6, 3-5-R and 4-5-6 clutch regulator and boost valves to produce faster and cleaner shifts with increased holding capacity without any bumps, clangs, bangs or software tuning

Street show-off options with HPtuners or EFI Live (Must be used in conjunction with #6L80-TOW&PRO)

• 1-2 & 2-3 hard-throttle tire chirping shifts
    • Simple computer tuning of shift time tables
    My apologies, I should have been more precise. What I meant is the TOW&PRO kit does not raise the line pressure higher than our regular shift kit. They both increase it by only 10 psi for the reason I mentioned before since they already run them much higher than conventional transmission and they are so prone to breaking drums and pistons due to high pressure we approached it a different way. What we do is add a 26 boost system that is patent pending and increase the boost for the other two valve that already had it and we include a bigger boost valve so that line pressure ramps up faster and the pressure to the clutch ramps up significantly faster during the shifts. This increased drastically the holding capacity of each clutch pack during the shift makes for nice firm shorter shift even if the computer tries to back it off.

As for the lock up, the TOW&PRO kit includes all the parts from our 6L8-CS-TCC kit which address valvw bore wear at the TCC regulator, and a redesign valve and springs to allow the computer to control the lockup slip with more resolution.
    Last edited by TransGo Robert; 09-08-2023 at 07:09 PM.

Thanks for the for the replies, I'll work on getting that set up to data log. Truck already has one of trans go shift kits, I think it's the zip kit.
    I just change the torque tables, I didn't realize the map, e85 map, and e85 airmass table was still stock. When one of you on here said the torque tables was stock, I was thinking there's no way, I've change them 3 or 4 times. I didn't realize the other three have never been changed

Here's the tune with the torque changed.
    Hybrid Tune 18.hpt

Tuning Addict
    Awesome, so for individuals say running a circle D that is horrible for lockup, this would help and help it to stay locked? Of course I know the trans needs to be changed settings wise too, but if something mechanical can greatly help then I'm all for it.

Also glad we have someone like yourself on the forum now. Really helps with things like this.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Pretty sure that was replied to the wrong person Will it help with TCC lockup and hold?

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBOSILVERADO11 View Post
    Thanks for the for the replies, I'll work on getting that set up to data log. Truck already has one of trans go shift kits, I think it's the zip kit.
    I just change the torque tables, I didn't realize the map, e85 map, and e85 airmass table was still stock. When one of you on here said the torque tables was stock, I was thinking there's no way, I've change them 3 or 4 times. I didn't realize the other three have never been changed

Hybrid Tune 18.hpt

Looks better. Did you balance them? In other words torque at max airmass to torque at max map? Also that MAF curve looks off - were you able to dial it in off of the VE formula any?

If you want I can check a few things with a good log if you want to post one up now with the changes.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Pretty sure that was replied to the wrong person Will it help with TCC lockup and hold?
    Oops, thanks for letting me know. Wrong post it was indeed. No it will not help help to hold lock-up. It will help with the computer ability to control the slip when it is trying to get it to slip.
    Last edited by TransGo Robert; 09-08-2023 at 08:10 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBOSILVERADO11 View Post

Hybrid Tune 18.hpt
    Only TransGo makes Shift Kit (it is a registered trademark), but regardless, neither kits will do you any good for performance. If you do end up having to have the transmission rebuilt again be sure to ask them to install our TOW&PRO Reprogramming Kit™ at the same time. You will love the way it shifts, it will last much longer and should also help you a bit lower your time.

Looks better. Did you balance them? In other words torque at max airmass to torque at max map? Also that MAF curve looks off - were you able to dial it in off of the VE formula any?

If you want I can check a few things with a good log if you want to post one up now with the changes.
    Yes please, just up to about 50% throttle?

Tuning Addict
    If the trans will take it get a good wot in it while shifting through a couple of gears to redline - 2-3 should work. Make sure you're logging delivered torque, VE airflow, maf airflow, maf hz and yes I understand it's gone along with trim and wideband info and commanded pids, rpm, cylinder airmass, dynamic air, map and any other important ones I forgot You'll actually need the maf plugged up to read the hz. You can pull it back out after. Still don't understand how the ecm can still use it, but it always makes a big difference on the newer gens when doing a sd tune. Guess I could just plug in one from another like build.

This one has the MAF edited.
    Attached Files Attached Files

~Greg Huggins~

If the trans will take it get a good wot in it while shifting through a couple of gears to redline - 2-3 should work. Make sure you're logging delivered torque, VE airflow, maf airflow, maf hz and yes I understand it's gone along with trim and wideband info and commanded pids, rpm, cylinder airmass, dynamic air, map and any other important ones I forgot You'll actually need the maf plugged up to read the hz. You can pull it back out after. Still don't understand how the ecm can still use it, but it always makes a big difference on the newer gens when doing a sd tune. Guess I could just plug in one from another like build.

This one has the MAF edited.
    Trans seems fine WOT, I'm going to try and get a good log tonight. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow

Tuning Addict
    Just make sure to use the MAF edited one, so I can get a good idea on the modeling.

Did you hear back from FIC? I don't rightly know when Greg started doing their flow data. I know it changed in the last several months. If the data you got from them has calibrated success in the pdf then it's correct.

~Greg Huggins~

Here's the log, truck has been great WOT till tonight. The dang thing wouldn't make the 2-3 shift but one time because of slipping. On the 2nd to last pull this is the first time it has ever done this on the street, it's done it 4 times to me in the top of 3rd gear on the track, it pulled all of the fuel at wot and threw 40* degrees of timing in. I don't have a clue to why it does that. Also, I couldn't get the MAF hz to log, I don't know if there's something wrong with MAF sensor or something in the harness, because I know it use to log before that was unplug. And the engine torque is anywhere from 250 to 500ftl higher than it normally is.

here's the log

It's not letting me uploaded the dang log
    Last edited by TURBOSILVERADO11; 09-09-2023 at 01:20 AM.

Until I get the main log on here that it's not letting me upload. Here's a short log and a crappie run from the track Thursday, blew the tires off as soon as I let go of the two step.

wot slip.hpl
    crap 2nd run sep 7th.hpl

I'm done for tonight, been messing with this crap for almost 12 hours today, still can't get to upload the log. I'll have to try tomorrow.

Senior Tuner
    Just looking at your WOT run, max out the base shift table for the 2-3. Clutching at straws I think.

Just make sure to use the MAF edited one, so I can get a good idea on the modeling.

Did you hear back from FIC? I don't rightly know when Greg started doing their flow data. I know it changed in the last several months. If the data you got from them has calibrated success in the pdf then it's correct.
    It does say Calibrated Success in the top corner when I opened the injector data file.