Thread: Need help answering questions!

Tuner in Training

Need help answering questions!

Hi Guys, Can you help me get some answers for a friend?

"My question is to be able to use the VCM editor feature to increase the speed limiter from 122 mph and toggle the oil pressure signal from a switch to a sensor for installing the center dash gauge pack and allow oil pressure gauge to operate correctly you would need to purchase credits along with the tuner, correct? Also do you by chance know if the HP tuner can read the FP tune info or only a stock calibration file."

Thanks!!

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, you'll need credits in addition to the MPVI. You don't use the credits until you flash the tune, reads are free.

Speed limiter shouldn't be a problem...
    Switching oil pressure from switch to transducer is more complicated than just changing it in the tune, unless you want it to read nothing. You have to add the wire to the ECU connector and wire in the transducer.

And no, you can't read the Ford Performance tune, it will read it off the ECU, but will just give a checksum error when trying to load it. You'll have to flash to stock before using HP Tuners.

Tuner in Training
    PS: My friend has a 2020 Ecoboost Mustang with a (FP) Ford Performance tune.

Also, I've heard of some guys having issues with loading a Cobb tune to a car's ECU, when it was originally tuned by FP, has anyone heard of any issues when moving from FP to HPtuners?

Advanced Tuner
    I came from the FP tune on my 2.3 mustang...
    No issues here, just restored stock and went to town with HP.

I have heard of some problems with COBB, but I think that was due to locked tune issues, but after restoring to stock it wasn't an issue.