Thread: 2018 Coyote Swapped 67 Mustang / Timing not following Borderline Tables

2018 Coyote Swapped 67 Mustang / Timing not following Borderline Tables

Hey guy. I customer recently brought in his 1967 Mustang which is powered by a 2018 Mustang GT Engine and 6spd manual trans. I know nothing of the wiring except that it was purchased as a complete kit with PCM. I've many Basic bolt on factory Coyote mustangs but never one with an engine swap. I'm having an issue with the car not following the borderline timing tables unless I disable the "Torque Module Switch" but then the car idles poorly, throttle hangs, and stalls out. When I "enable the torque module switch" the car idles and runs better but the "spark source" switches to "Torque Control" and the timing is way too low and down on power.
    Since its a 67 Mustang chassis with non of the the factory buttons for driver mode / traction control / or stability control etc... It also doesn't have any wheel speed sensors. Could this be the cause?
    Below I have attached a copy of the tune file and 2 logs. One with torque module switch enabled and the other disabled

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Musky@RG; 09-07-2023 at 03:20 PM.

is this forced or n/a ? std t/b? maff tube size etc:

It's NA. Stock engine with boltons. Not sure of maf tube size. I've dialed in the maf pretty close already

Advanced Tuner
    None of this will explain why your load and MAF are so high for NA unless it's freezing cold.

Disable the anti-shuffle switch for one. Why do you have Dyno mode enabled? I mean i understand it's on a dyno, but you're in a 6 speed manual. Disable those modes and see what happens.
    Rescale your PE throttle %.
    In Engine diagnostics > Airflow > Airflow Correlation, set RPM max to 8000 and RPM min to 500.

2 of those 4 could possibly be the reason, if it's the tune and nothing mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    None of this will explain why your load and MAF are so high for NA unless it's freezing cold.

Disable the anti-shuffle switch for one. Why do you have Dyno mode enabled? I mean i understand it's on a dyno, but you're in a 6 speed manual. Disable those modes and see what happens.
    Rescale your PE throttle %.
    In Engine diagnostics > Airflow > Airflow Correlation, set RPM max to 8000 and RPM min to 500.

2 of those 4 could possibly be the reason, if it's the tune and nothing mechanical.
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm not sure about the load?? The MAF scaling isn't too far off of a stock curve. I had dyno mode enabled because its a 67 Mustang chassis with non of the the factory buttons for driver mode / traction control / or stability control etc... It also doesn't have any wheel speed sensors and I wasn't sure if that was going to affect it.
    Last edited by Musky@RG; 09-07-2023 at 03:22 PM.