Thread: 2019 Challenger 5.7 - Texas Speed Stage 3 Cam - Idle issues, surges, o2 errors oh my

Potential Tuner

2019 Challenger 5.7 - Texas Speed Stage 3 Cam - Idle issues, surges, o2 errors oh my

Hi Y'all, Very new to cammed car characteristics and would absolutely love a second opinion/set of eyes. I have a 2019 Dodge Challenger equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission. Recently installed of a Texas Speed Stage 3 cam (223/232 .582/.582 113+3), a set of Stainless Power 1-7/8" long tube headers with high-flow catalytic converters, a stock but ported 87mm throttle body from MMX and a 3" MBRP exhaust. I am currently facing a challenge with the current tuning of the car. I enlisted the assistance of an individual located about two hours away to handle both the installation and tuning aspects. However, the process of fine-tuning the car has proven to be quite arduous.

History of events:
    Car idle high when coming to a stop, RPM dip to around 500 then die in stop in go traffic - Resolved
    Upon cold start car would auto rev to 4k and hold until powered off - Resolved
    2-3k RPM surge when pressing in clutch - Resolved
    P0133 error. This occurred after a 100 mile round trip, mostly highway. Cleared DTC on 9/4/23, has not come back.

We've successfully resolved several issues such as stalling in stop-and-go traffic and significant idle surges when shifting gears. However, the car still doesn't feel quite right. It's possible that it's performing as it should now, but this is my first experience with a cammed car. Would love a second opinion or two on the current tune. I'm trying to learn as much as possible while being completely oblivious so patience is very much appreciated. I've attached the current tune and two logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by michael.curry; 09-08-2023 at 03:04 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    email me if you need support, tune needs work
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    logging eq ratio commanded on a 5.7 ???

installing a cam and not a cooler thermostat ???

oh my...

you got got once

try not to let that happen again : )